PDA

View Full Version : Perma Green : To Buy Or Not To Buy?

GREENITUP
06-30-2004, 10:34 AM
I HAVE DONE WEED/FERT APPLICATIONS FOR 3 YEARS (BOTH LIQUID AND GRANNULAR) WITH A 200 GAL. SKID TANKS, LESCO 80 LB. HIGH-WHEEL SPREADERS, AND BACK-PACKS FOR SPOT SPRAY. AFTER THOUSANDS OF APPS., I HAVE BECOME VERY PROFICIENT WITH THIS EQUIPMENT. I AM NOW THINKING ABOUT GETTING A PERMAGREEN SET-UP. MY QUESTION IS - AT WHAT POINT DID MOST OF YOU PERMAGREEN OWNERS DECIDE TO PURCHASE THIS EQUIPMENT? HOW MANY PROPERTIES? SQUARE FOOT TREATED? DOES ANYONE DO COMPLETE LIQUID APPS. WITH IT OR IS IT BEST FOR SPOT SPRAYING? ANY MAINT. PROBLEMS WITH IT? GENERAL POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES?
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

James Cormier
06-30-2004, 12:23 PM
green, do a search on PG's you will find tons of reading.

Liquid apps i dont think would work very well (fert) due to the small tank and low volume spray.

What time did i deciede to get one.....well when I was sick of walking all day and my back wouldnt take it anymore....or when I relized I could do more work with better results using that machine and be much easier on the old man.

LwnmwrMan22
06-30-2004, 12:35 PM
When I realized I no longer have to walk in the chemical. Just one more area where I don't have to "constantly" be in touch with it.

Yes yes, I realize I wear chem proof boots, but you still have to touch the boots to take them off/on.

ANDY-W
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Do a search on PG'S and Z-SPRAY. You may want to take a look at a Z-Spray. I have owned both.

smoke johnson
06-30-2004, 06:56 PM
were the one that said your PG broke down in a customers yard and then caught on fire?

Pilgrims' Pride
07-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Like Jim Cormier I got the ride on when I got to crotchedy and decrepid to push the spreader.
I have a used centri that I'm becoming very fond of.
I can spread and spray at a nice even pace all day long.
I know the PG folks will promise a radical icrease in production.
I know I do 25-30% more every day in shorter time and I'm in a good mood when I get home!
The wife appreciates that!

Also have a lesco HPS that will do anything I ask of it.
It will climb hills and traverse steep slopes that the PG can't.
I just ordered a drop in spray system from PG for that. (HPS)
I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out.

You could consider the z-spray. It's quite a bit more expensive but I've heard great reviews on it.

Good luck

Envi-Lawn
07-05-2004, 09:31 AM
the PG isn't a perfect machine, but it is a great alternative to pushing a spreader then dragging a hose.I agree with Pigrims Pride-25-30% higher production, no more tired legs, less pesticide exposure, and a relatively inexpensive machine.
I've had only minor problems with my PG,and customer service took care of me.
Customers love seeing the PG on their properties, they are impressed with the latest technology. It seems less threatening than the hose shooting liquid on their lawns.
My first year with the PG Ultra, 2 rounds completed, no major problems. I recommend the PG

LwnmwrMan22
07-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I agree with Envi....

When a customer sees you on their lawn with the "latest and greatest" it looks like you're trying to stay on the cutting edge of technology.

Then they come out and ask you about it, why the new machine and you're able to explain how you're able to spot spray more vs blanket apps and you're able to reduce the amount of pesticides, etc., into the enviroment.

Gotta be kinda careful about how you do it though, the quick customers realize you're not applying as many chemicals, yet they're paying the same as before. :)

EJK2352
07-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Envi-Lawn
the PG isn't a perfect machine, but it is a great alternative to pushing a spreader then dragging a hose.I agree with Pigrims Pride-25-30% higher production, no more tired legs, less pesticide exposure, and a relatively inexpensive machine.
I've had only minor problems with my PG,and customer service took care of me.
Customers love seeing the PG on their properties, they are impressed with the latest technology. It seems less threatening than the hose shooting liquid on their lawns.
My first year with the PG Ultra, 2 rounds completed, no major problems. I recommend the PG

All my customers are facinated w/ my PG too. I've even had a few ask me if I built it, I tell them no, but the guy who came up with the concept is probably a multi-millionaire by now. I have had a few minor problems w/ my PG, but PG's customer service is great and they over-nighted me the parts. I do about 25-30% more per day w/ a lot less fatigue.

GREENITUP
07-06-2004, 03:37 PM
THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INPUT.... IT IS VERY USEFUL. THE MACHINE SOUNDS FAST AND EFFICIENT TOO. I CURRENTLY SPRAY 2 LIQUID APPS. @ 1.5 GAL/ 1,000 SQ./FT. PER MINUTE. BUT, IS IT SAFE TO SAY... FOR EXAMPLE... LAWNS UNDER 10,000 S/F THAT WOULD TAKE 15 MINUTES TO PULL HOSE, SPRAY, AND WRAP UP WOULD TAKE LESS TIME WITH THE P.G. OR Z-SPRAY? OR ARE THEY ONLY BEST ON LARGER PROPERTIES? HARD TO BELIEVE THEY ARE AS MANUVERABLE AS WALKING IT.

Pilgrims' Pride
07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
The PG is very manueverable.
I use it on all of my lawns now.
I still have a push spreader but seldom use it.

Envi-Lawn
07-07-2004, 05:11 PM
I've parked my Lesco hydraulic spreader, 100 gallon fiberglass spray rig, and my Lesco push spreader this season.
There is no need for them with the PG.

smoke johnson
07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
just think how much money if you now put that pg up and used a real machine like a Z Spray. and the time you would save in the service department. just my .04