PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a new beginning

jajwrigh
06-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Next season I am dropping mowing and only focusing on pesticides and landscaping. I will be insured, licensed with my 3b and 3a, and have the neccessary experience requirements. I intend on only doing turf for starters....here is what my equipment plans are: Sp bp sprayer, spreader, 50-100 gallon skid sprayer. Any suggestions on my starter equipment? I am starting solo and part time. Thanks in advance.

DiscoveryLawn
07-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Jajwrigh,

That is exactly what I did this year and I wish I had the time (as you did) to plan ahead for the drop in revenue this first year. It has been tough but I'm making it and I sure do not miss mowing!!

OK about your equipment. I would definately go with at least a 100 gal. spray rig. You can get it done with a back pack or even a 50 gal. But you will get through your route much faster obviously if you are not continually filling a 50 gal tank 3 times per day or spraying at 1/3 the speed that you would with a hose. Especially on those spring blanket apps. You are going to want / need to get your apps done as quickly as you can so you can spend more time building your route and selling landscape work.
Good luck!!

David