PDA

View Full Version : Fertilization Contractor prices

GripB
07-01-2004, 11:36 AM
What "approximate" pricing should I expect to see from estimates for my property, approximately 35,000 s.f.? I'm in South Eastern, PA, so I'm guessing 5 treatments a year???

lawn_j0ckey
07-01-2004, 11:07 PM
you can expect to pay about 105/app

Pilgrims' Pride
07-02-2004, 09:59 AM
GripB,

Your profile and question suggest that you may be a homeowner fishing for info.
If you are not the above I do apologize.
Anyway, If this is the case, I suggest that you get a few maybe several estimates from different companies.
Make sure that they measure your property as that is how most companies base their prices.
If you have that info you can be sure that you are comparing "apples to apples".

Then ask questions!
How often do they apply, what do they apply, will they call first if you ask them to.
Heck, dream up something and ask it too.
Make sure that you will have the same person at each visit.
That way you will know and learn to trust the guy.
That makes a big difference. The same person treating your lawn time after time will mean he/she knows where to treat and what your expectations are.
The bigger companies will promise you that service but seldom deliver it. They have very high employee turn over in those organizations.
I'd suggest going with a smaller but established "mom & pop"
company.
I think you'll be more satisfied.
Just my thoughts.

Good Luck

GripB
07-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Anyone in S.E., PA that could come by and give me an estimate? I'm 5 minutes west of Downingtown on 322.

earlk6
07-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I'd be happy to but the air fare surcharge will up the price.
Ha Ha

Scraper
07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
You'll be looking at approximately $175/application depending on landscape layout. Hilly terrain may cost more. Little too far for me as I am closer to the Main Line, but seeing where you are don't expect much less than $150/app. from a reputable company. By reputable, I don't mean Chemlawn.

GripB
07-08-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Scraper
You'll be looking at approximately $175/application depending on landscape layout. Hilly terrain may cost more. Little too far for me as I am closer to the Main Line, but seeing where you are don't expect much less than $150/app. from a reputable company. By reputable, I don't mean Chemlawn.

Scraper,
Thanks for the information. I no, no Chemlawn or Scotts, LOL. I found a fertilization company in West Chester, PA. They are a small outfit, 8 employees. They use Lesco granular and they apply liquid weed control twice a year. The technician who came out to give me an estimate was very knowledgable.

p.s. - You can see what my landscape layout looks like in the "Homeowner Assistance" forum. I just posted two pix called "Homeowner Stripes & Homeowner Stripes-2"

Pilgrims' Pride
07-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Gripb

I'm glad to see things worked out for you.
Good luck

GripB
07-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Pilgrims' Pride
GripB,

Your profile and question suggest that you may be a homeowner fishing for info.
If you are not the above I do apologize.
Anyway, If this is the case, I suggest that you get a few maybe several estimates from different companies.
Make sure that they measure your property as that is how most companies base their prices.
If you have that info you can be sure that you are comparing "apples to apples".

Then ask questions!
How often do they apply, what do they apply, will they call first if you ask them to.
Heck, dream up something and ask it too.
Make sure that you will have the same person at each visit.
That way you will know and learn to trust the guy.
That makes a big difference. The same person treating your lawn time after time will mean he/she knows where to treat and what your expectations are.
The bigger companies will promise you that service but seldom deliver it. They have very high employee turn over in those organizations.
I'd suggest going with a smaller but established "mom & pop"
company.
I think you'll be more satisfied.
Just my thoughts.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help.