PDA

View Full Version : Low volume products

FERT-TEK
07-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, I had an idea that may help all of us Perma-green owners (especially me). I am a new owner, of a PG ultra and I am currently searching for products that are designed to be used in low volume sprayers. So............ I wondered if you guys could suggest liquid products that you have used successfully in a PG, weed control, fertilizers, fungicides, PGR's etc. If possible only suggest products that are labeled for use with low volume sprayers and have dilution rates that are still on label. This could serve as a cheat sheet for all of us. There are so many products out there it has been overwhelming, but educational, researching it. I have done searches by the way. Hopefully everyone can get something out of this thread.

I am not being lazy, just trying to be efficient.

Thanks, from FLC Dave

specialtylc
07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Most any broadleaf weed product is designed and labeled for low volume applications. Fert. and fungicides are not for the most part.

FERT-TEK
07-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Specialty, thanks! See I have already learned somthing. Come to think of it most of the low volume discussion has been around plant growth regulators lately. Well, lets see what comes of this thread, maybe no one will participate. Thanks for your reply though.

LwnmwrMan22
07-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Nope, you forgot FLC Dave that I'm also trying some Chelated - Iron product from Lesco, 12-0-0. Trying to see if you can spray iron out of the PG. Tomorrow I will be looking over results from stuff I sprayed on Monday.

LwnmwrMan22
07-02-2004, 12:20 AM
As for Momentum, a broadleaf herbicide, personally I've gotten great results with 1 oz / 1000 and some spreader-sticker, whereas MrBareFoot did not get good results.

MrBarefoot
07-02-2004, 09:15 AM
I have been using SpeedZone as my primary weed control product this year. It is labeled for the low volume rates, and the control is satisfactory.

We are considering mixing in some Ferromec with our spray, even though the label states that the minimum spray volume must be .5gal/1kft^2. Results will be posted when they become available.

And LwnmwrMan22 is correct when he says that I was not satisfied with the control I was getting with Momentum.

scweedman
07-02-2004, 09:54 AM
What is the rate you are using with speedzone in the PG.

MrBarefoot
07-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by scweedman
What is the rate you are using with speedzone in the PG.

I am using 1.3 oz/1kft^2.

FERT-TEK
07-02-2004, 11:00 AM
THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! Glad to see that you guys are participating. Well it is off to the Cubs White Sox game today. We are three rows back from the first base line dug out.

James Cormier
07-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Dave, Here are the products and rates Ive had great results with, I talking my ultra here

Acclaim at 2.5oz per gallon
confront at 2.5oz per gallon
Bent select ( lesco product ) at 3.5 oz per gallon
Dimension EC at 3.5 oz per gallon ( 2nd app )

LwnmwrMan22
07-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Update on my chelated - iron from Lesco.

So far, at 3 oz / 1000, a fair "grass green"

At 7 oz, a yard that looks burned, not poop brown or rust, but rather a yard that is dried out, which it may well be, depending on how often the customer is actually running the irrigation.

So far I've not come out with any results where the green is a darker forest green, or green other than when a lawn is properly irrigated.

scottt
07-08-2004, 02:56 AM
FLC Dave,
I like your logo. Simplel but eye catching.
Now to your questions. I have had good results from Speedzone at .75 oz. per k and Trimec 992. I don't remember offhand the rate of 992 but it was on the low side of the label. Corsair has also had fair results in removing fescue from bermuda. So far I have been very pleased with the weed control from the Ultra.

FERT-TEK
07-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks Scott, I had the logo designed at designoutpost,cim by a guy who called himself elkochito or somthing like that.

FERT-TEK
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Trying to resurrect this post for help with any fungicide that will work through an ultra.

PSUTURFGEEK
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I have had decent results with, banner maxx/ spectator, subdue maxx/mefanoxim and eagle 20, these fungicides seem to stay pretty well suspended in the low volume tanks.

FERT-TEK
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm at the Mellencamp concert so I will make it quick and post tomorrow.....did you need to switch spray tips and how did you overcome the carrier issues