PDA

View Full Version : Can I pull weeds?

Coumbe
07-02-2004, 12:27 AM
I have pulled weeds 2 times for a customer her in Texas, and each time the weeds have gotten much worse. We try to dig up the roots in wet soil and it still multiplies. If I have the owner use Round Up Super Concentrate will it take care of the problem? Or how do you pro's handle the situation? It is heavily landscaped but overrun with grassy weeds.

Norm Al
07-02-2004, 12:58 AM
diquat and roundup

Ric
07-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Norm Al
diquat and roundup

Norm Al

While Diquat and Roundup mixed in the correct proportion will kill weeds quicker. I think this fellow needs a good Pre-Emerge. Fusilade also has a 7 day residual and can be sprayed over the Top of most shrubs. Fusilade is a Grassy Weed Killer and will not get broad leaves.

Coumbe

Have your home owner go to Home Cheapo or Lesco and get some Pre-Emerge. In my state if the homeowner buys the product and brings it to his own property, You can apply it, under the Lawn-boy law.

Coumbe
07-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks,I will give it a try.

Turf Medic
07-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Ric

Coumbe

Have your home owner go to Home Cheapo or Lesco and get some Pre-Emerge. In my state if the homeowner buys the product and brings it to his own property, You can apply it, under the Lawn-boy law.

Ric

Is Florida the only state that has the lawn-boy exemption to licensing?

Here in Nebraska, doesn't make any difference who purchases you can't put chemicals on property other than your own.

Ric
07-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Turf Medic
Ric

Is Florida the only state that has the lawn-boy exemption to licensing?

Here in Nebraska, doesn't make any difference who purchases you can't put chemicals on property other than your own.

Turf Medic

I really don't know other state laws, but Florida does have the Yard Boy-lawn Boy Law. The Yard Boy can't purchase or transport either chemical or application Equipment. Many Scrubs have been fined for having pump-up sprayer on their truck. The old story about "that is for my own house" doesn't fly. They are being fined for intend to apply pesticides.