PDA

View Full Version : Rainbird 5000 series sprinklerhead spraying accross street

B3ASTy
07-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone. I just moved into my newly purchased home with which I had a custom sprinkler system built. I could call them to come back out and adjust but their number is always voicemail and this seems fairly easy to do. I read up on the Rainbird 5000 specifically about arc adjustment. Would adjusting the arc down lower the distance by lowering the spray arc? Thanks ahead of time for any replies.

B3ASTy
07-02-2004, 05:08 PM
arc adjustment pictured here: http://www.rainbird.com/pdf/turf/man_5000plus.pdf

B3ASTy
07-03-2004, 02:14 PM
There's a radius adjustment and an arc adjustment. The arc adjustment appears to adjust the spray "radius". I've tried adjusting both with no success. Guess I will call the company and wait weeks for them to respond..lol

jasond
07-03-2004, 02:27 PM
I am guessing you are trying to reduce the amount of 'throw' into the street, not the amount of rotation, correct?

If you have a mini flat tip screw driver, then stick the tip right into the round nipple on top of the head right above where the nozzle is. It might require turning five or six times to the right, and then you will notice the water stream being 'fanned' out some. I guess I should also ask, does it have a dark navy blue nozzle installed where the water is coming out? If not, no adjustment will fix that...you will have to get a nozzle from a supplier and install it.

Good luck. My phone is 919-427-6511 for help. I am in Raleigh, NC...a bit to far to run over and fix myself. :)

Jason

B3ASTy
07-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks Jason. I think I am on the right track now. I was thinking 2-3 turns and wasn't seeing much difference in the throw. I turned it another 4 times and see it fanning a bit now. It's no longer throwing across the street. :) THANK YOU!