PDA

View Full Version : Check out this ride-on spreader!

Pilgrims' Pride
07-06-2004, 06:59 AM
Check out this link.
www.brandtekus.com
Is anyone familiar with this machine?
It looks pretty big but has potential.
Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Ric
07-06-2004, 07:27 AM
I saw this unit at an equipment show about 5 years ago. The ranger is built on a Walker mower with a dual tail wheel for hills. I came home and made a knock off of it on one of my older Walkers. Mine works good but not as fancy as their's. They have a lot of instruments for proper calibration that I don't have. The ranger also Carry's more gallons and has a lot of SS or better parts. I remember it as selling for $17,000.00 which is a lot of money, however the machine looked to be built well. Yes it is big for transporting I use a trailer with the fert bags. So it is like mowing as far as equipment hualing.

Pilgrims' Pride
07-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi Ric,

Funny, I had you in mind when I posted this.
I don't know Florida well (Except for where the rat lives.) but I figured you may be familiar.
Looks like quite a machine. I e-mailed the company for more info.
I'll share it as it comes.

I'm still runnin the PG centri and lesco's HPS.
I put the drop in sprayer made by PG on it (HPS) today.
Not bad. Pretty idiot proof and durable.
I'll share more on that as well.

James Cormier
07-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Bob, I checked those out a few years back before I bought my first pg, I like the big tank, I m sure its not too low volume so you can spray more products then the pg.

The only problem I see for me is I am so sick of pulling my trailier everywhere and with that machine you would need to have it in a trailer.

For many years I had a lesco truckster mounted on a walker,( just like ric ) but I still had to pull the hose. then gregson clark came out with the drop in sprayer and I was going to get that but I got the pg instead.

I still have the 2 trucksters heres how I use one.

Ric
07-06-2004, 09:25 PM
James

I also have a boom sprayer on my Walker. However I must drive real slow to get the right rate. But it still is faster than dragging hose. A lot easier also.

If I remember right (because I have not read the website) they have 65 gallons and can do 3 gallon per thousands with the right tips. The pump is powered by the engine where mine is electric 12 V. Yes they appear to be a first class unit and a price to match. BTW there was another show that had a simpler machine made by a company out of the Miami area or a little more north. Both machine are much alike.

mcambrose
07-12-2004, 07:59 AM
I think the other machine was made by Ground-tek. I bought a spreader from them a few years back. I think the unit was about $13k.