PDA

View Full Version : Need Jod

Lawnboy112
07-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi, im 14 years old and need a jod. i have been mowing lawns for over 7 years and want to work with someone more exp'd i have used ZTR's walkbehinds edgers, and blowers handheld and backpack any1 in central NJ im your kid. I like to get around 6-7$ a hour or 15$ per lawn

WeatherMan
07-06-2004, 07:31 PM
I think it is against Federal Law for a LCO to hire a 14 year old to run equip.

But Good Luck!!!!

CamLand
07-06-2004, 07:39 PM
your profile states your 18.make up your mind...

robertyb
07-07-2004, 09:03 PM
What is a Jod? Maybe a Job?

JohnK
07-07-2004, 09:16 PM
When asking people to hire you I'd recommend making sure your post doesn't contain spelling errors, that you use proper capitalization, punctuation and don't use slang contractions like "any1".

It certainly doesn't make you look better to have a post full of errors and slang when looking for a job and will easily turn off propsective employers.

Good luck.

ince8728
07-18-2004, 08:10 PM
First of all, Learn to spell!!!
Second, it's quite hard to believe that you are 14 and have even used a ztr let alone are effecient with one.
By the way, what types or machines have you used & be specific.

John Gamba
07-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Move to Connecticut. You cant be any worse then whats here now.

John

Planet Landscaping
07-19-2004, 08:25 AM
John, STOP ur killing me. LMFAO Sad but true.

John Gamba
07-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Jammer
John, STOP ur killing me. LMFAO Sad but true.

OK :D Wheres the food??

Lawnboy112
07-19-2004, 09:49 AM
First of all, I know how to spell. I hve used the following ZTR's: Dixon, Toro, Great Dane, and Scag. I've used these because my grandfather is sick and can't mow his own lawn anymore, and I do it for him. His property is about 3 acres. Thats how I know how to use the ZTR's. Just because i'm young doesn't mean i'm good. Any other comments?

Ryan

CamLand
07-19-2004, 10:51 AM
yeah were have you used all these ztrs?? how many accounts do you have? also how in the world are you able to run any commercial equipment at 14? state laws must be diffrent in New Jersey...

Lawnboy112
07-19-2004, 02:33 PM
My grandfather isn't poor you know. If he wants something he gets it. Last month when he wanted a new car he went out and bought one. He may be old but I love him. Hes given me more stuff than I could ever want. Last year for Christmas he gave me a brand new Stihl Magnum Blower, and other various items. You may insult me but not him. Thats not right!

ince8728
07-20-2004, 12:15 AM
so he bought you all these various ztr's & other equip? Wow your really on your way with everything being handed to you.

Lawnboy112
07-20-2004, 08:34 AM
I know it sounds fun. But I really want to do this on my own. If you get everything handed to you in life you can never learn.

Lawnboy112
07-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Sorry forgot something.... He didn't buy me all the ZTR's there all his. He likes to see what they all can do. He hates having to demo them. He wants it he gets it.

BCSteel
07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Lawnboy112
Just because i'm young doesn't mean i'm good. Any other comments?

Ryan

You said it...

Koiboi123
07-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey man, Just because he made a mistake doesn't mean you can make fun of him. Some people, Young and old, make mistakes typing. Just because he made a mistake doesn't mean criticize him. You have some issues:mad:

ince8728
07-21-2004, 12:42 AM
& why do you need 2 36" wb's, a 42" ztr, & 2 bp blowers. your only 14, so your obviously not full time.

Trevors Lawn Care
08-01-2004, 05:36 PM
wow...lawnboy, and the only people defending him are both located in NJ.. What do you know...both are named ryan, and both have a stihl magnum blower..

COINCIDENCE.

trevor

John Gamba
08-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Did you get a Jod Yet?????
John

CamLand
08-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Did you get a Jod Yet?????
John

LOL!! John:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

EastProLawn
08-10-2004, 11:49 PM
He may be old but I love him. Hes given me more stuff than I could ever want. Last year for Christmas he gave me a brand new Stihl Magnum Blower, and other various items. Tell him to find you a job, oh yeah a Spelling Teacher as well....

Rich's Lawn Care
08-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
wow...lawnboy, and the only people defending him are both located in NJ.. What do you know...both are named ryan, and both have a stihl magnum blower..

COINCIDENCE.

trevor

And both have the same birthday.:confused:

gusbuster
08-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Koiboi123
Hey man, Just because he made a mistake doesn't mean you can make fun of him. Some people, Young and old, make mistakes typing. Just because he made a mistake doesn't mean criticize him. You have some issues:mad:

14 years old, I can understand not being able to type, but come on, can you not proofread what you type?

Therefore, with the 1000's of members, you have to expect some scraping of the shins. You know it hurts, but you get over it.

It's one thing to act like a pro, but it's a whole new ball game to be professional.

And as was stated, I admire looking for a job via the net, but heck, if you can't spell, how do you expect me as an employer to think that you can follow instructions that I may give you? I won't even give you a second glance. Maybe this kid just learned something?
JOHN

NNJLandman
08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Guys i don't like to ruin a good time but comon, this kid came in here to see if he could find a job doing something he really enjoys. You all laugh now but im sure yall remember wanting to "hang out" with the older guys and play n work with the cool big equipment, give the kid a break.

Jeff

Avery
08-16-2004, 12:43 PM
He is a troll. Check some other posts by him here and on other sites. Posts are contradictory. Trolls do not get a break.

Rich's Lawn Care
08-16-2004, 03:34 PM
He also go's by the name Koiboi123.

John Gamba
08-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Well?? Did you get a Jod Yet??
John

KurtisInIowa
08-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Just because i'm young doesn't mean i'm good.

Are you saying you're no good? Oh come on, don't be so hard on yourself!!!

big tim afm
08-23-2004, 01:11 AM
what the heck is a jod?

John Gamba
08-23-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by big tim afm
what the heck is a jod?

???? Its something he needs??? LOLOL

John

KL400S
09-14-2004, 08:55 PM
[SIZE=5][COLOR=Red] :realmad: Ok fella's I have read enough! Personally, I think those of you who are getting off on picking on a 14 year old need help. If you had half the ambition that this kid does at his age, you probably would be floating around the pool by now in stead of mowing lawns. SO COMMON PICK ON ME! If I could legally hire this kid I would, and I would bet my company on the fact that he would be more loyal, hard working, and willing to learn, than any of you know it all's. Where is your 14yr old? Playing Nintendo? Selling Crack? Most kids today don't want to work, So when I see a kid trying to hustle a buck it really pisses me off when assholes like you give them a hard time. This is what is wrong with the world today!

Ken Legasse
Impeccable Lawn & Landscape

John Gamba
09-15-2004, 07:35 AM
[SIZE=5][COLOR=Red] :realmad: you probably would be floating around the pool by now in stead of mowing lawns.
Ken Legasse
Impeccable Lawn & Landscape

I do lay around in a pool, Hot tub And a Jacuzze in the master bath. :p
John
Btw Did he get his Jod????

KL400S
09-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Good for you John, if that is the case I can't understand why you would waste your time giving a 14yr old a hard time. Unless your a 40 yr old bully :confused: and have to get your rocks off on-line because your afraid someone would beat your ass to a pulp if you did it in person. Oh and to set the record straight, Trevors Lawn Care, I'm from New York.

John Gamba
09-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Trevors Lawn Care, I'm from New York.

Oh Please. Would you like my criminal history LOLOLOLOLOLOL And all i wanted to know is if he got his JOD yet. See its threatening members like you that ruin this site and others. Maybe you would be better off in some sort of violent type work????? Taking down alligators or something. You do make me laugh and i did a lot of repos in new york area it wasn't that bad.
John

KL400S
09-15-2004, 02:58 PM
John,

My whole point is that this is a good kid trying to earn a buck. He did not ask to have his balls busted, and even after he did he still was not a wise ass. He simply asked for some help. I see the fact that he is only 14 and would not have much luck. But the other issues with his post could have been done with out hurting the kids feelings. Take the time to explain to him that the spelling and other problems need to be fixed if he really wants someone to take him seriously. That is what I would expect from a mature adult. By the way I am not a violent person, I just can't stand to see a kid get any **** for trying to get ahead. Far to many kids today are nothing but losers. Why would you want to see him get added to that list by busting his nuts. Do you want him to give it up? Like I said in my post earlier I would do what ever I could to help him succeed and feel good about himself.

WeatherMan
09-15-2004, 04:26 PM
KL400s: STOP your whining. You are a troll! Trolling to get a response. Go back under your bridge :pumpkin:

John Gamba
09-15-2004, 06:17 PM
I said to him come to connecticut. I could have used him. I think he also has a couple of user name's here? But its all in fun at times.
John

demarco
09-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Why is everybody picking on the kid??? I see plenty of grammar errors in the other posts here. I think encouragement would be a better thing for this youngster, at least he is trying to work.

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Well JohnK did politely point out the spelling and grammer problems and the boy responded with more spelling and grammer problems.

hmmmm.....

Derek

demarco
09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
There is no "e" in grammar. :D

KL400S
09-15-2004, 08:54 PM
See I am 38 and still make mistakes