PDA

View Full Version : Give your prise TRUGREEN

Husky
07-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Well, on a 1/4 acre,,whic his my primary customer,,,what are u guys getting for fertilizer applications ,.,,,i run a 5 step program here in virginia,,,and i run them at 50$ per app....tru green gets like 70 or 80 on places like this,,am i to low?

DiscoveryLawn
07-07-2004, 01:34 PM
I wish TGCL would raise their prices around here. They are doing my neighbor for $58.00 my price is $78.00 (actual turf area is 17,000) They quoted me $50.00 for my 14,000 sq. ft. lawn.

Green Dreams
07-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Thats whats wrong with tru green. They do not manage their sales people. The way they pay the applicators is by commission. I used to spray in thunderstorms. Sad but true.

When paying commission it peezes you off to come to an underpriced lawn. You end up skating on it so you can get to one that pays right.

A local Houston branch is paying an hourly wage. I know two very experienced new hires at 2 branches....One is making $15 an hour and the other is making $600 a week plus commission. They are seeing how to reduce payroll. The bad part is they overpay and baby their sales people.

Its all good for those of us that care....

J&LOwner
07-11-2004, 09:00 PM
I have gotten 3 prior TruGreen customers. All 3 were not happy with their service and the way they were treated/ harrassed by sales. One particular property (82,000 SF), was paying $130 per application with TruGreen. That customer now has my service and is paying me $245 per app. I have found that most people want a quality, personal service rather than a cheap "spray and pray."

Dman1214
07-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Your both crazy, price is too low.

scweedman
07-12-2004, 08:42 AM
You can't figure on TruGreen there prices are all over the place.
You need to figure your price by sqft and go with it. I pick up
TG customers all the time. I ask the customer how much they
where paying TG.

jajwrigh
07-12-2004, 10:45 AM
scweedman-

You need to charge 5 to 6 dollars per 1000sq/ft right???

scweedman
07-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Yes, I charge a stop charge then $5/$6 per 1000sqft.

scweedman
07-13-2004, 11:40 AM
The stop charge would be up to 5000 sqft.

James Cormier
07-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Dman, your around...hey out of 350 customers I have 23 lawns with gates the zspray couldnt fit into, only two my pg cant fit because of stairs,,

My informal study for ya...6% i guess

tgclraider
07-14-2004, 05:59 PM
I have had alot of success with TGCL customers. I have attained more customers in the last month than 3 months previous.

We are comparably priced but I pitch setting everything at one time to eliminate upsell calls and it works.

Turfman999
07-17-2004, 04:20 PM
I would say you are a little low. Keep in mind that TGCL isn't what ChemLawn used to be! You could be slightly lower with time to speak in person and impress the potential customer. You will always find TGCL prices all over the board! Just promise them you won't hassle them over the phone 3-4 times a year!

TSM
07-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Turfman999
You will always find TGCL prices all over the board! Just promise them you won't hassle them over the phone 3-4 times a year!

3-4 times PER MONTH might be more accurate!

Now let me drag Scotts into this discussion, we have picked up several new (former Scotts ) accounts in the last couple of weeks. Seems scotts just raised their prices...and in mid season that aint going over very well with their customers.

I assume, I dont know for fact, but assume they raised prices to keep in line with the higher cost of fuel...but i dont know.

grassguy_
07-17-2004, 06:44 PM
TSM
Was the Scotts you're talking about a branch they started or an aquisition of another LCO? That might indicate whether they are increasing from underpriced accounts they acquired or they've just had to increase from other costs going up. Wonder if this is happening across the board at other Scotts, they've been usually a little higher priced in my area.

TSM
07-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Grassguy, I'm just guessing here as to why they raised prices...but it was basicly a large aquisition that took place 2-3 years ago. The company scotts aquired actually averaged higher prices than scotts.

so for scotts to raise prices at this point...i can only guess it is some sort of fuel surcharge??

I also wonder if this is happening nationwide with scotts. Or if it is just a local thing....the calls we have received are limited to 3 towns. Surely others are getting some calls from scotts customers if this is a national or even reginal increase?

theweedman
07-19-2004, 06:54 PM
the trugreen over near my neck of the woods is doing it for dirt cheap. most of these people around here couldn't fert their own yards for what trugreen does it for.

Originally posted by Husky
Well, on a 1/4 acre,,whic his my primary customer,,,what are u guys getting for fertilizer applications ,.,,,i run a 5 step program here in virginia,,,and i run them at 50$ per app....tru green gets like 70 or 80 on places like this,,am i to low?