PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation Software

LAWNSTAR1306
07-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Can anybody recommend an inexpensive irrigation software program? How do you other Irrigators do working plans? Is this time consuming for you too?

jwilson32
07-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Im to the point know i can almost look at it and give a price, or draw it on the back of a business card and figure material that way. I used to draw it out to scale, color code each zone with map pencils bla, bla, bla.....thats for the birds. to dang time consuming. I would suggest drawing them out but in a year or two you should be able to do it on a card.

greenworldh20
07-12-2004, 09:51 PM
i do not know the right way or the wrong way, but i have my way.

i walk the property and determine what we need to install the system. then i estimate man hours to install system and a price for plumbing.

in my note book, i have a list of 'material prices' for 1-20 zone systems. i add labor and profit and 'presto' we have a price.

also, i take into account what price he market will bear, if i am busy or not....yada yaday yada.

how do the rest of y'all 'do it'?

rats5656
07-12-2004, 10:13 PM
hey buddy can you send me that book you hav made that i can use to do sprinklers estimtes..

earthtool
07-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Rats5656............Get in line. :D

Brian,

Thanks for the estimating on site ideas.
As always your advice is most appreciated.

Referring back to an earlier thread, have you acheived Merchant Account access though your lap top for on site closure of sale.

Just a quick note, that I enjoyed your partner Rick's article in the June 2004 issue of Landscape Management.

studentlawn
07-21-2004, 10:14 PM
I just called a sprinkler guy today. He took down the address, got the property dimensions by making a call to the city and through it in his cad system and presto had qoute for me. Just found that interesting.

aquamtic
07-21-2004, 10:36 PM
How can the city actually have your property landscape. A professional contractor will always show up at the site and observe and design for the landscape and check water pressure.