PDA

View Full Version : What Do Y'all Do About Iron In Your Granular Fert?

Green Dreams
07-10-2004, 10:36 PM
I mean as far as staining. Everything at Lesco has iron. I fear staining pools and sidewalks. The fert I want to buy has a minimum order that I can't handle...Drew

Hamons
07-11-2004, 12:29 AM
I blow off all hard surfaces after every treatment --- with ot without iron -- the responsible thing to do.

kppurn
07-11-2004, 12:40 AM
I use products with iron all the time and just use a blower when needed. No problems or complaints about staining concrete. As far as pools, use your deflector if you have one to keep granules from getting in the area.

Green Dreams
07-11-2004, 05:17 AM
I hate those reflectors so I don't have one....

TSM
07-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Green Dreams
I hate those reflectors so I don't have one....

you must be using a lesco spreader

one would think after so many years of making a product they would have discovered that their deflectors arent worth much
product has no problem going over/under/around those deflectors.
try an anderson spreader w/deflector

To lesco, the above statement is my opinion based on over 20 years of experience using lesco spreaders...if you feel the need to have an attorney send me a letter....well go ahead, i got the beginnings of a collection of them
:D

trying 2b organic
07-11-2004, 03:28 PM
If the deflector on my Lesco was perfect I would not have to sweep hard surfaces. However, I use a fertilizer that contains Iron ( a good thing ) and have a Lesco (which I otherwise like) and therefore, I sweep. 1 min extra on every fert. which of course I resent greatly. :p

Lawn Solutions
07-11-2004, 08:33 PM
I agree with you TSM...

Where can one get an anderson spreader w/ deflector?

Green Dreams
07-13-2004, 10:14 AM
yeah, I'd like to see one, too......

Brody11
07-13-2004, 02:30 PM
You guys know you have to close the third hole cover on the spreader in order for the deflector to work, Right?

James Cormier
07-13-2004, 03:24 PM
TSM, your disclaimer cracks me up...by the way lesco... I dont agree with him ( I dont want any letters )...lol

I blow off all driveways, walkways,pool decks and anything else that could stain.

I love when a lawn doc......erh.... another company...( dont want any letters) does a lawn near me and leaves the driveway loaded with fert, then the customer sees me blowing off the by customers driveway

turf78
07-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Lesco now uses Iron Sucrate in fertilizer blends. Dose not stain like the old formulations did.