PDA

View Full Version : pg problem

fertman
07-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Having a fert pattern problem in my pg.... it is a new se model throws light to the left, hard to center, normal to right. Adjusted holes, all open to the left still light. Anyone else encounter this? what have you done?

scweedman
07-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Call Perma Green!

Runner
07-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Do you have the Ultra, or the older Centri? If it's the Lesco hopper, this is completely normal. You are supposed to go around in a counterclockwise direction, and after your first border (done with the 3 hole closed and the deflector down), spread so your outer granules just hit the center of your last laps tire marks. You will have a perfect, even spread everytime, then.

LwnmwrMan22
07-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Runner's dead on.

Took me about 2 yards to figure that out, kept going in "stripe" fashion at first, then realized if I went counterclockwise, I'd have an even flow.

Runner
07-14-2004, 02:34 AM
Also, just a little helpful hint. If you spray seperate from what you spread (this is how I do it, I don't mind going around the place twice for the accuracy), go the opposite direction for your spray. This way, you don't get your tracks messed up from the previous laps, and you can always tell where you are at. ;)

scweedman
07-14-2004, 08:28 AM
I have the ultra i guess this is normal for PG. I go in circles too
never have a problem with stripes. To spray and spread at the
same time takes a little practice. Runner is right the PG is so much faster it does'nt take a lot of time to go back and spray. I trim out the beds with the endside spray tip off, the outside tip will reach
the inside tire. Then just fill in the circle with spray.

James Cormier
07-14-2004, 04:27 PM
The granular pattern is a lesco trademark, youll get use to it, I go back and forth just like I did when I pushed lesco spreaders.

I do find I have to do the outlines 2x's to give me enough room to turn the machine around. I also trim with spray system like weedman does.