PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of chiggers in the lawn

thill
07-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Is there an "organic" treatment of any kind that will get chiggers the heck out of our lawns. This is the time of year they start to really "bug ya".

They even bother our dogs so we gotta be pet safe here as well.

Please help this poor old Texas hayseed.

BTW - You guys introduced me to corn gluted when this forum first got started. MANY THANKS

thill
07-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Oooops.... I meant corn gluten.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

J&LOwner
07-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Try wearing a white hood and robe when you walk on the lawn. LOL....just joking!!
Try a flea and tick spray??

Ric
07-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Thrill

Since you are in Texas where Chlordane is still made and shipped to Mexico. I suggest you cross the border and buy all you need. It works great on all insects. FYI most of the vegetable you eat this winter will be grown with Chlordane as their insecticide. BTW while you are in Mexico bring back some DDT.

Dchall_San_Antonio
08-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Well, just when I thought I was never going to get a chance to come back and visit, I get a couple days off...

Chiggers should be controllable with beneficial nematodes. Next to that, Green Light's new product, Bioganic, is a non selective organic mix of herbal oils. I don't like non selective anything, so my preference would be for the beneficial nematodes.

Ric
08-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Dchall_San_Antonio
Well, just when I thought I was never going to get a chance to come back and visit, I get a couple days off...

Chiggers should be controllable with beneficial nematodes. Next to that, Green Light's new product, Bioganic, is a non selective organic mix of herbal oils. I don't like non selective anything, so my preference would be for the beneficial nematodes.

Doug

If you ever had chiggers, you would be the first one across the boarder to buy Chlordane. However Talstar is a little less lethal and legal to buy in this country. BTW Nevo Laredo is just south of you and you can buy anything there.

NAT
08-08-2004, 07:52 AM
I wonder if garlic spray would work on chiggers.