PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Brands are they alike?

alldredge_2008
07-12-2004, 09:01 PM
I know most of you are full time excavating workers and you all know your equipment, but are some brands the same product just different colors and names. I noticed that Takeuchi and Gehl seem to have the same tracked loader design. Is this company one? Another one is Case, Link Belt, and Kobelco they have the same model numbers, and look the same just with different colors and names. Just kinda wondering and it has been bugging me. I also have one more question does any one know the website for Samsung Excavators. This is also my first thread so dont bash me to much.

Thanks,

Alldredge_2008

:blob3: :blob4:

coopers
07-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Hey, if you look down a few topics, you'll find a huge thread on this very topic. Yes, many machines are made by one company. Hitatchi makes their and JD's excavators etc. etc.

Blake
WA

coopers
07-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Here's one of our new JD 120C's. I always have to show off some pics. of the new JD's because I think they're awesome looking and comfortable to use. Although Hitatchi has quieter engines.

Blake
WA

coopers
07-13-2004, 02:51 AM
One more....Cleanout bucket is with the machine.

Blake
WA

ksss
07-13-2004, 03:09 AM
Here is a break down of the companies with common machines off the top of my head.
CASE: Markets Sumitomo excavators in North America 16K and up. LinkBelt also uses these machines. Kobelco has joined CNH but currently their 16K and over machines are not marketed by CASE or New Holland only under the Kobelco name. The compact Kobelco excavators are branded by CASE. CASE artic trucks are built in Italy. Compactors are built in Europe as well.

BOBCAT: Their 16K excavator is built by Schaff in Europe.

GEHL: Their compact wheel loaders are built in Europe (who I can't remember) their tracked skid steers are built by Takeuchi.
Gehl excavtors are built by a company in Austria.

Deere: Their excavators are built under a partnership with Hitachi this includes compacts as well. Deere Arctic trucks are built by BELL industries.

New Holland excavators over 10K are/were built by O&K. Compacts were/are Schaff.

Volvo excavtors are built by Korean company (not Daewoo sorry can't remember). Their graders are Champion blades (they bought the company)

JCB large excavators used to be built by Sumitomo but I don't think that is true anymore.

CAT excavators/dozers are built with agreement with Mitsibishi.

There are many more but thats a start. With the costs of R&D and manufacaturing it is more cost effective to pickup short lines of quality equipment than it is to try and build your own everything and be all things to everyone.

Tigerotor77W
07-13-2004, 11:30 AM
I would recommend going down a little bit and reading the other thread on this topic -- it is a lot more extensive.

BTW -- JCB markets its own now. Volvo excavators are Samsungs.

Terex... yeah don't go there.

alldredge_2008
07-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Sorrys guys didnt know that there was another thread on this topic. But does anyone know Samsung Excavators website?
Thanks for the help! :o :cool:

Tigerotor77W
07-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Samsung... ah... doesn't make anymore excavators. Like Champion, they were bought and then incorporated into Volvo's line as Volvos.

I'll do some searching... maybe there's some site somewhere that might still be intact.

Tigerotor77W
07-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Alldredge, the site used to be www.scea.com (had to dig up seven years of Construction Equipment Magazine to get that! lol), but hehe, now the site is for Sony Playstation. :-)

Btw -- www.volvoce.com will allow you to access the files regarding their excavators.

alldredge_2008
07-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks for all of the help! I really need to get updated on my equipment brands. :blob3: :blob4: