PDA

View Full Version : Duramax leaking oil

bob
07-13-2004, 11:13 PM
today my 02' Duramax started leaking oil. Not just a drop, more like a waterfall! It seams that the injectors get cracked and allow diesel fuel into the oil. The dip stick showed way too much fluid in the oil pan. It's covered under warrenty. This is a problem that GM's just starting to admit. The raised the warrenty on the injectors to, 7 years or 200k miles.

Grassmechanic
07-14-2004, 08:16 AM
My buddy is a GM tech. He's repaired about 5 duramax's/week with injector problems. Most had to be towed in. One had six bad injectors on it. He said the same thing about GM extending the warranty.

Avery
07-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Man that is just my luck. I get soaked on the old 6.5L eating injector pumps now this! I am not gonna be a happy camper if I start having injector problems! Around what milage are you guys seeing this problem? Any aftermarket injectors you can put in place of OEM?

Grassmechanic
07-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Avery - My buddy said that he seen problems with vehicles with as little as 25,000 miles. Don't get too excited - it is covered under warranty. He told me that if a duramax owner feels a miss or unusual vibration to get the truck to the dealer fast. That is one of the warning signs.

j.p.landscaping
07-15-2004, 08:36 AM
sorry guy's but I can't resist....

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT BUYING A FORD!!!!

:D :p :rolleyes:

Grassmechanic
07-15-2004, 08:54 AM
No fords for me j.p. I've had my share of problems with their diesels, too. I wised up and bought a Cummins.

bob
07-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by j.p.landscaping

It's hard to turn down that GM discount that I'm entitled to.

j.p.landscaping
07-15-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm just kidding guy's.....
If it wasn't for the fact that I didn't like their front ends (4x4) and fuel injection systems, (older styles) I might look into one myself. It's one of those things ya know....once a ford truck guy, always a ford truck guy. Now I would never buy one of their cars. I think ford makes a crappy car. I just sold a 1992 F-350 dually with a big block 460 under the hood. Biggest mistake I ever made!!! I sold it because it was only 2 wheel drive and I wanted to plow. We can get some nasty storms up here in Rhode Island and didn't feel even though it was a dually that 2 wheel drive would do any good.

I tell my wife every day that I wish I had that truck back.:(

Avery
07-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by j.p.landscaping

Had WAY more than my share of problems with Ford over the years. I will keep taking my chances with Chevy! :p

draftlawncare
07-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Grassmechanic
No fords for me j.p. I've had my share of problems with their diesels, too. I wised up and bought a Cummins. cummings apart

HighGrass
07-16-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Grassmechanic
No fords for me j.p. I've had my share of problems with their diesels, too. I wised up and bought a Cummins.
You mean the great motor with the lousy tranny attached to it?:eek:

Grassmechanic
07-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by HighGrass
You mean the great motor with the lousy tranny attached to it?:eek: Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled about the dodge tranny. I only bought the dodge because of the Cummins. So far (125,000 mi) the tranny is holding up good.