PDA

View Full Version : New purchases

jajwrigh
07-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Today I made some small purchases for my turf apllicating business next year. A bought a SP 0 bp sprayer and an Earthway 2170 spreader. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these two models? I see no need to spend a fortune on new equipment so I am starting small. I think I did well with prices too. The sprayer was $108 shipped and the spreader was $148 shipped.

James Cormier
07-15-2004, 09:15 PM
I agree with you on starting small and not spending too much, but I would guess a $150.00 spreader will not be good enough for you.

I have a high wheel stainless lesco I bought in 89, and another one I bought in 95, up until 1999 thats all I used ( pg's now )and I have been doing over 3 million sqft a round for 10 years, so I feel the 400-500 buck a lesco cost now are well worth it.

I would also recommend the shurflow electric back pack sprayer, its only $189.00 and boy is it nice not to have to pump a back pack again.

Ive been reading your post for a while Ja, it seems your doing things right, and I think you will do very well, dont be afraid to spend extra on good quality stuff. rememeber cheapest and fastest is not always the best way:)

Turf Medic
07-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Escpecially if you are gearing up for next year, there's no hurry to purchase the items. Save up a bit more money and get the better equipment, cheaper equipment can end up costing you more in the long run. If you end up having to replace the equipment right away, you will just be out the money you are spending now. Either way Good Luck!!

ArizPestWeed
07-15-2004, 10:26 PM
I have 2 shurflos and they make you sweat because of the padding