PDA

View Full Version : New bagger.... already hit a stump.

AuburnGuy
07-16-2004, 08:15 AM
I just got my rider and bagger Saturday. I don't think i have my whiskers yet. Anyway. I hit a stup the other day and it dented in the front a little. When it did that it also broke some of the mesh loose near the front. I have access to a welder, but don't know how to weld. Should I hammer the dent out and weld the mesh back on.

By the way - the Xl will bag a lot of grass. and those husky bags you sent me a thread for were perfect to empty it.

locutus
07-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by AuburnGuy
I just got my rider and bagger Saturday. I don't think i have my whiskers yet. Anyway. I hit a stup the other day and it dented in the front a little. When it did that it also broke some of the mesh loose near the front. I have access to a welder, but don't know how to weld. Should I hammer the dent out and weld the mesh back on.

By the way - the Xl will bag a lot of grass. and those husky bags you sent me a thread for were perfect to empty it. I Locutus, am the Husky bag discoverer. I assume the thread you read was one that I responded to. BTW, sorry you dented your Accelerator. I banged mine around a lot and luckily no damage. Dont attempt to weld aluminum unless you are very experienced. I'm sure Peter will expand on this thought.

PeterA
07-16-2004, 09:08 PM
AuburnGuy,
Locutus is right. Welding the aluminum mesh is really hard. Give me a call monday and I can send you out a small section of perforated aluminum along with a few rivits. You can patch the mesh with it in a few minutes. The frame is much easier to weld, but much harder to break in the first place.