PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clean up

Keegan
07-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Just wondering what everyone does when it's time to clean up leaves. Do you just bring it to the curb and wait for the town to take it away or take it away yourself? If so, who takes leaves?
How much do you charge?

Thank you!

SouthernFried
07-16-2004, 08:48 PM
In South Texas, our major leaf fall is in the spring, from Live Oaks...not the fall. Live oak leaves are the absolute worse. They are small, and leather like hard...think Magnolia leaf hard...only much smaller.

The few trees that drop in the fall (red oaks, cedar elms, maples, etc), are light, airy things in comparison...that mulch beautifully...so, I don't bag 'em...I mulch.

The live oaks...are about 5 times harder to mulch...but, damnit...I mulch em too! Just have to over them a lot more to turn 'em to sawdust, and since they fall right before the spring grass growth...it helps aerate our lousy clay soil.

Except for a coupla tiny yards, with little grass and a ton of trees where it would be difficult to mulch a gazillion leaves in a 10x10 patch of Bermuda...I haven't seriously bagged leaves in 10 yrs.

locutus
07-16-2004, 08:50 PM
If the city has curb pick-up, I utilize it. If you must remove them from the site yourself, charge a disposal fee. How much you charge is going to depend on the market you are in and to a degree whom you are getting them up for.