PDA

View Full Version : New "36 Encore

WoodBrothersLC
07-16-2004, 10:35 PM
This week we're going to buy a "36 Hydro Encore walkbehind to replace our "38 JD. Our dealer gave us a quote for $3650. Today while we were mowing, we got a call from our dad who had found one 45 minutes away. It's a "36 Hyrdo Encore, just what we're looking for, and it has only 120 hours on it. These were all put on by a homeowner, so it wasn't out working everyday. What do you guys think about our situation? Which one should we buy? We're driving out tomorrow to look at the used "36. We also are keeping in mind that our dealer is buying our "38 for $500 and is throwing in gator blades on the new "36 if we choose to buy it from them.

WoodBrothersLC
07-17-2004, 09:10 AM
The reason this was posted in the picture forum was because we will post a picture of whatever we decide to get

LwnmwrMan22
07-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Um, 120 hours is 120 hours whether it's a homeowner or a LCO. You didn't say what the price was on the used one, or how old the used one is, so can't say if that's a good deal or not.

Personally, I've always bought new, so if there's a problem right off the bat, you've got a warranty. I'm a believer that downtime costs more money than parts, and if I buy a used mower, and it breaks down, the dealer isn't going to just give me a mower to use until it's fixed.

If I buy new mowers, then the dealer will give me a demo or even a new mower, because he/she knows that I'm making my living with the equipment that he talked me into buying there, he'll want me to make more money to buy more equipment.

EastProLawn
07-17-2004, 03:13 PM
I really don't care for Encore's although I have never heard a really bad things about them. Either way make sure you shop around quite a bit, because I have always found that no matter what someone sells there is always someone else selling it for less.

WoodBrothersLC
07-18-2004, 05:17 PM
We bought the used "36 yesterday. It has 112 hours on a 14hp Kawi. It's 3 years old. It was 2400! We saved $1200 by not buying it brand new, and yesterday afternoon we sold the JD "38 to a friend for $700 cash. The dealer would only buy it for $500 if we sold it to them.