PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Tip

MOW ED
06-04-2000, 07:12 AM
I have 155 hours on Toro 15hp Proline hydro and noticed a slight shake to motor when starting. Thought it was from too much oil but that wasn't it. <br>Then the light shone from above and I actually caught a potential problem before it cost me money.<br>Three of the four motor mounting bolts (8mm)were A.W.O.L. but the bracket that holds the electric clutch was still hangin there but unbolted completely. Whew, one more push of the button and I would have ripped some wires apart and ruined my week. The local hardware stors had the bolts and I'm back crappin in tall cotton.<br>The Toro must have got jealous cause I used my NEW Walker 26EFI most of the day. <p>CHECK your BOLTS - Tighten them, also give your NUTS some attention too, a couple of turns won't hurt. :)<br> <br>

HOMER
06-04-2000, 09:03 AM
Uh yep, been there done that! I LOST the elctric clutch on my Scagger one afternoon, bracket, clutch and all. The fellow riding it thought he ran over something, which he did, and shut it down. He was mowing in tall grass(thats when we had some to mow) and bam!!!!!! I tried to crank it to move the thing and whak whak whak, shut her back down. I thought he had ran over a bicycle kickstand bracket. Got it to the shop and had to relpace the clutch, wires, bracket and all because I hadn't checked the bolts...........live and learn!<p>Homer<br>p.s. I better go check them again, that was expensive!

FIREMAN
06-04-2000, 09:08 AM
WHEN MY EXMARK METRO 52 BELT DRIVE WAS NEW I MEAN LESS THAN 2HRS NEW I WAS CUTTING A 3 ACRE PROPERTY WITH LOTS OF HILL AND I NOTICED AFTER MAKING A TURN THAT I HAD ONE BLADE CUTTING LOWER THAN THE REST....OOPS SOME!@@##$#%$ AT THE DEALER LEFT THE BLADE SPINDLE BOLT AND NUT LOOSE....I WAS KINDA ANNOYED.

grasscapeinc
06-04-2000, 08:32 PM
same thing happened to two of our toro's

paddy
06-04-2000, 10:40 PM
i noticed this spring that one of the nuts holding the exhaust manifold on my mower was missing (Toro 36 inch WB, 12.5 kawasaki). i replaced the nut. now, after 50 hours, the nut is missing again. this mower is only a year old, less than 300 hours old. what gives. any suggestions (it seems to run fine without the nut),

lawrence stone
06-04-2000, 10:51 PM
paddy wrote:<p>&gt; any suggestions <p>Locktight in the red bottle or lock nuts w/nylon inserts.

fdew
06-04-2000, 11:13 PM
Very funny. This could never happen to....... I just checked and I have 2 lug bolts missing (I changed my wheels a few weeks ago.) Thanks list.