PDA

View Full Version : Are all the 6.2 baggers the same?

Shady Brook
07-18-2004, 11:20 AM
I ask because I have a Tiger Cub, Ferris Walkbehind, Scag Walkbehind, Stander, and a Super Z. I wonder if the bags are all the same, but the mounting brackets are different? How much interchangeability is there, and aproximate costs involved.

Thanks
Jay

PeterA
07-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Wow! What a variety of mowers! There is some compatibility between the catchers for the scag and ferris mowers, but the stander and the Hustler both have unique outlet designs on their mowers. It is the opening on the mower that determines the catcher fitup. How high is the opening (usually it is about 5 inches), how long is it, is it flush cut or does it curve at the back? Is there a lip to hook the catcher to (on the hustler there is one but is is back about 3/8 from the edge of the deck). My suggestion would be to buy a GCSCAXL which would fit both Scag mowers and fit reasonably well on the ferris with an extra bracket (I assume both scag's are advantage style decks, if not use part GCSCXL). List price is $459.00. Extra brackets are about $20.00. The catchers for the Hustler and Stander are $499.00 list.

Shady Brook
07-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Thanks alot Peter.

Sad thing is, I don't have a bagger for the Hustler, but do for the others. That is my number one priority. Too bad there is not more interchangeability. I can certainly see why there is not with the variety of decks I possess. Even the two Scag are different, one with the advantage, one with the disadvantage. :D

Thanks alot
Jay