PDA

View Full Version : My Story

Newbeeee
07-19-2004, 01:52 AM
How do I start? Well I am a full time Firefighter who has a dream of owning his own buisness. I was working a landscaping job on my days off for a while until he started shorting me on money. Boy it pissed me off, really enjoyed learning though. Now I am comfortable enough from what I learned from him to start my own biz. Love working outdoors. Well I'm learning as much as I can and plan on starting the biz part time in a year while I am working my full time job and leaving that after I have enough biz. Can't wait till then, but I know it will be a couple of years. Would like to have alot of the equipment paid off before I leave. The double income will help that. One thing that worries me though is there is alot of competition in my area. Will see how it works out here in a year. Thanks for such a great website!

lawnjockey51
07-19-2004, 04:30 AM
LEAVE??? Why, you're a firefighter, I'm guessing 24 on, 48 off, so I see no reason for you to hurry up and leave the FD. I used to be a part-time firefighter, I don't think that there was a single full-timer that didn't run his or her own business. I say, start your business and sock the bucks away for a few years, then think about leaving. Either way you go ... GOOD LUCK

Newbeeee
07-19-2004, 04:38 AM
2 days 2 nights 4 off. Don't want to do Firefighting anymore once I have a family. Want to be home at night not at the firehouse.

BladesAway
07-25-2004, 04:26 AM
I'm also a firefighter I going to stay at the firehouse till i have a big fat government pension waiting on me.