PDA

View Full Version : Mulch kits for ZTR's (Exmark 48-60")

Prime Seasons
06-03-2000, 09:46 PM
Ok, so it costs around $200 set up my Lazers to mulch. I have the ultra vac system for my small ztr but am very interested how the 60&quot; would mulch. <p>I live in Michigan on sandy/loamy soils. Can't believe mulching would be asthetically pleasing in the spring (heavy clippings) or fall (lotsa leaves). Who has tried the Exmark mulching system and what were your results?<p>Thanks, Gus

PINE ISLAND
06-03-2000, 10:29 PM
Hey Prime Seasons-<p>Nice to see someone from around these parts! I'm from Sparta, and just came from the dealer today looking at the Lazer Z HP. How do you like yours, and do you always bag? What size deck do you have? Do you do mostly res., or commercial? I would be nervous to buy the 52&quot;, thinking I would regret not going 60. What is your opinion on that?<p>Sorry for the off topic reply!

Gus
06-03-2000, 10:43 PM
prime seasons, I`m in royal oak,my name is gus as well and I demoed a Lazer with the mulch kit on it, worked pretty well but ended up with a Ferris I/S<p>----------<br>gus....<br>

Prime Seasons
06-04-2000, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. <p>The HP is a 48&quot;/19Hp. Enough power for the deck. I keep this unit set up as a bagger all the time. About 15% clients require it. Am in commercial/resi environ.<p>You went to a dealer? Musta went to talk with Ralph, eh? Tell me what he had to say...<p>All people named Gus are pretty cool!<p>

crew
06-04-2000, 02:00 PM
I have mulch kit for lazer 60.I remove baffles and cover plate and run 2 blade per spindle setup for mowing. When fall arrives ,I put it all back on, remove one blade per spindle and the thing chews leaves like you would not beleive. I did about 70 mostly res. accounts last fall and hauled 5 truckloads of leaves all season. EASILY the best 150.00 ever spent for fall claen up tools.

Dingo
06-04-2000, 07:03 PM
what are you going to do bag? ha

Prime Seasons
06-04-2000, 07:17 PM
Crew!<p>It sounds like you use mulch setup only in the fall... Is this correct and if so why do you not use it in the spring and summer cutting months? <p>Do you ever try gator type blades for fall/leaves application? Tell me more...<p>gus

bdemir
06-04-2000, 08:01 PM
I am out of west bloomfield and have some accounts in madison heights. Cool to see so many people from michigan.

bdemir
06-04-2000, 08:14 PM
Gus,<p>Is that the ferris with the independent suspension. I get so beat up with my the dixie on rough ground.<br>

Eric ELM
06-04-2000, 08:22 PM
bdemir, Get the deluxe seat for the DC. You won't believe the difference in the ride.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

grasscapeinc
06-04-2000, 08:23 PM
Who's from Mich. besides me?

bdemir
06-04-2000, 08:44 PM
Eric,<p>I didint think it would make that much difference. Thanks.

Eric ELM
06-04-2000, 08:49 PM
Bdmir, Test drive a new machine with the good seat on rough ground and you will see the difference. I have the good seat on one of mine and the deluxe on the other one, what a dif. Take a seat for a test drive. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>