PDA

View Full Version : John Deere 777 (27/60 Liquid)

rhinoballs
07-20-2004, 07:26 PM
This is my new toy. Got it a few weeks ago and bought it used. I can bust my yard out in 45 mins. This was taken right after I mowed my yard. :cool: I will post more.

rhinoballs
07-20-2004, 07:33 PM
This is the single hydro unit JD uses on the '04 777 that was discussed in another thread.

rhinoballs
07-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Yes, I was done at this point and it deserved a beer :D

rhinoballs
07-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Wouldn't have guess I was sober when mowing would you? Oh well best do a better job next time;)

rhinoballs
07-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Sorry for you guys on the 56K modems :o .... This is the back yard at my house. All the grass in the pictures is new seeding as of June 2nd 2004. It seems to be coming in pretty well. There are spots of crabgrass so I will have to take care of that next year (I wasn't feeling too adventurous with the pre-emergant right after I seeded. :o ). Overall I mow 2.5 acres and have 2 irrigated with the sprinkler system I installed this spring (that explains my late start on the seeding this spring). Hope you all enjoyed the pics and I do have before/during/after if any are interested. I love to share them with people who are interested. Thanks!

Green Care
07-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Looks good didn;t know a deere can stripe like that.

GLS
07-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Nice looking grass and nice machine:)

Although some serious trimming needs to be done along the garage in the third pic:D Is it just an illusion or are the stripes in the last pic narrow? They almost look like it was done with a 36"? Looks really good though.

I thought the 777/797 had HD cansiter air filters? Or is that optional?

rhinoballs
07-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by GLS
Nice looking grass and nice machine:)

Although some serious trimming needs to be done along the garage in the third pic:D Is it just an illusion or are the stripes in the last pic narrow? They almost look like it was done with a 36"? Looks really good though.

I thought the 777/797 had HD cansiter air filters? Or is that optional?

Yeah I know I gots to trim but I got lazy the last couple of mowings :)

The stripes in the last pic look narrow I think because some actually are (I screwed up a bit) :blush: ..... I think the length of the yard gives it the illusion of being narrow too though because it looks WAY worse than it actually is. The distance from the camera to the end of the yard is 275 ft and I am standing at an elevation of 5 ft.

I have never seen a 777 or 797 with an HD canister. I think it might be optional for people who buy them for commercial use and may possibly be a geographic thing as well?????????????

EastProLawn
07-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Nice machine, good luck w/ it

jpmako
07-27-2004, 07:31 PM
rhinoballs

Is that the light kit that john deere sells for the machine?

KUBOTA B-2910
07-27-2004, 07:58 PM
NICE YARD!!!!!
I wish it did not get so HOT here so I could keep my cool season grass easier.!!!

Click on line to see my BACK YARD:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/DSC00286-1.jpg

Steve1
07-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Congrats Rhino - I love my 777 too. I just mowed with it (the whole yard) due to heavy and frequent rains all last week so I'm pretty pumped about how well it does.

Nice to see other JD owners on here and especially fellow 777'ers.

Here's mine:

Steve1
07-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Here's another view of mine. Since mine was just built (late July), it has the heavy duty canister air filter which is pretty cool.

Steve1
07-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Here's a pic of the cut from my 777 - this was the first full lawn I got to cut with it since we have had rain out the wazoo here.

rhinoballs
07-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Not too shabby yourself there Steve:cool: . Are you a commercial mower? What kind of mix do you have for grass? Mine is 35% perennial rye, 30% kentucky blue and the remainder chewing and creeping fescues. It is very difficult to mow because of the rye grass. It grows upwards 1.25" per day! Not too bad for the sand we have in Anoka county! I have to mow every 2 days! It is very tender and tall so it is like mowing a wet noodle. The JD does an excellent job none the less. Before I got mine I actually mowed it with my neighbors "viper" and did not do half as good. My snapper did about the same cut as the viper. Growing up in the "sticks" and living on a good size farm I am convinced that JD has superior tractors and equipment, I think just a bit of old school farm toughness might have rubbed off on their commercial mowers hehehehe:D

rhinoballs
07-30-2004, 12:18 AM
It is like a desert without irrigation here in Anoka county. Sand blows everywhere and gets in your clothes and eyes and..... :blob2: Gross......

A little water will do the trick :D It is still pretty hard to hold the N though :angry: :mad: :angry:

This was taken June 12 2004