PDA

View Full Version : new motor

newblade
07-21-2004, 06:53 AM
I have two older exmark 60" ztr's, one is a 96 and the other is a 97 model. Both have 22 hp kohler engines on them and I was wondering if I could upgrade to a 25 horsepower and if it would be worth it. I am looking to put a bid in on an account that is mowed every two weeks and these mowers leave little pieces of grass unmowed sometimes on taller grass. Also what is the cheapest place to get a new motor.:)

newblade
07-21-2004, 06:56 AM
Also do you charge more per hour for commercial than residential? What is a good rate to try and make per hour for me and my wife working together. I noticed that someone posted that on different mowers they put out different amounts of horsepower to blades and drive. Like 10 horse to drive and 12 to blades. Does anyone know how this is divided on an exmark?

txlawnking
07-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Personally, if I were you, I'd put a 27hp on there, but only if the rest of the machine is still in good shape. You can never have too much hp.... As far as the amount of power consumed by the PTO versus the drive.. I don't believe that the hydraulics draw that much power when your under a steady load, just when you start manuevering a lot and quickly, or going up and down hills. BTW check this place called Small En..ne Warehouse.