PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever tried doing this before?

snippy
07-21-2004, 07:40 AM
No work today for me so when the missus left for work she leaves me a list of chores to do, so of course as soon as she was out the door it was straight onto the computer and before you knew it it was nearly home time again and I'd done diddly squat all day long and began to panic.
One of the chores was to sweep the floor and with time fast running out I had a stroke of genius and decided to do it with the trusty Stihl blower...BAD IDEA... crap went everywhere, the more I tried to corner that dirt the more it ended up in places it never even was to start with.
Needless to say the wife wanted to bust me over the head with the trusty Stihl when she got home.
Has anyone ever tried a stunt like this? if so whats your technique for cornering that household debris ?

Should I have mowed first? :confused:

txlawnking
07-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Yes, I tried it, and my results were the same, Angry wife wanting to club me with a broom...hehehehehe

meathead1134
07-21-2004, 08:28 AM
I haven't even though of that but a great attempt:D

MOW ED
07-21-2004, 09:05 AM
You used a 2 cycle blower to sweep the floor inside of your home.

Do you live in a garage or open trailer home?

As you learned, that was not the brightest idea. Is it easy to dust the oil residue off of your furniture and things or did you just fire up the pressure washer?

Moe Fish
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
the pressure waser is used for pots and pan. You hang them on the line outside :)

txlawnking
07-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by MOW ED
You used a 2 cycle blower to sweep the floor inside of your home.

Do you live in a garage or open trailer home?

As you learned, that was not the brightest idea. Is it easy to dust the oil residue off of your furniture and things or did you just fire up the pressure washer?

It wasn't my house...:D :D :D It's her parent's place.( in laws)

Wells
07-21-2004, 10:41 AM
I've used the blower to blow dust out of the air ducts in the house before.
Needless to say most of the dust ends up somewhere else in the house, but the air ducts are clean.

MImowerkid
07-21-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm 15 and one of my chores other than mowing my lawn and about 27 others is to clean out my mom's car. well I found out that rather than luging out the old shop vac , I can just use the b.p. blower , works Great!

txlawnking
07-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Yep Mowerkid, it works great for Drying off the car as well.

Itsgottobegreen
07-21-2004, 03:49 PM
I haven't but my neighbor (and good customer) borrowed my back pack to blow out her garage. Well she decided to blow out the laundry room which was attached to the garage. Well a leaf blower in a house, that is not a good idea. Since she set off the smoke detector. That was a hard on the explain to the Fire dept.

Mower kid I will have to try that next time I clean the truck.

Turf Medic
07-21-2004, 04:39 PM
There really should be ordinances that prohibit some people from using power equipment.

lawnguyland
07-21-2004, 05:38 PM
even blowing out the garage sux.

SouthernFried
07-21-2004, 07:07 PM
ROFL...and I thought I'd tried about everything :)

Next time just run the mower over everything...with the bagger on of course :)

lawncare3
07-21-2004, 07:18 PM
I occasionally take the hh blower full throttle, stick it out the winder and keep the air on my face when it's too hot for ac to work. It alos works great after mowing the lewn to give your self a blow job so your face gets cooler.

Mico Landscaping design
07-21-2004, 07:58 PM
WOW i have blown out my garage before but never wanted to in side the house... thats a very funny idea... lol i am shocked she did not grabd u buy your balls and twist lol.......

snippy
07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Mico Landscaping design
WOW i have blown out my garage before but never wanted to in side the house... thats a very funny idea... lol i am shocked she did not grabd u buy your balls and twist lol.......

Yeah fortunately for me I can run faster than her otherwise I'd be singing soprano in the church choir right about now :D

Lawn Sharks
07-21-2004, 10:09 PM
I use my Echo backpack to blow out the garage but it really kicks butt blowing out the cars. With two kids who constantly drop things like Goldfish and French Fries it is a dream. Open all the doors and fire up the Echo. Whistle clean in seconds.

Keth

fixer67
07-21-2004, 10:16 PM
I thank some one has been watching "Caddy Shack" much

barringtonbrothers
07-21-2004, 10:58 PM
I have given thought to using my blower indoors a few times and a rake for those days cleaning the house isnt what I want to do. Then I quit smoking crack and those thoughts just go away.

But on a hot day, there nothing nicer than turning that eb7000 on full blast and doing the funny face into the nozzle, but it takes all the fun out of doing darth vader voices into the fans at home because its like going from a porshe to a gocart. Man there are so many stupid yet entertaining things you can do with power tools.

watercop
07-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Many years ago, during a winter when my mom was working but my dad was not, mom left her customary $20 and a note for the lady who weekly cleaned the house. That day it snowed, and Mrs. Crocker called mid morning to cancel cleaning since there was 6+ inches of snow and more to come.

Dad proceeded to vacuum JUST the highly-traveled hall off the kitchen (with a strong emphasis on striping, I might add) squirted a bit of Pledge (lemon-scented furniture policsh) randomly around the house, took the $20 off to the Harborside restaurant, blowing it on a swordfish steak lunch.

They divorced a few years later, but I don't think mom ever figured that one out!

CuttersCove
07-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Haven't tried blowing out the house, but definitely have blown out the inside of the truck on cleaning days :)

dvmcmrhp52
07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
I have but one thing to say.....................:laugh:

Next time just reverse the vacuum cleaner and it won't be quite the messy experiment......................LOL!

dvmcmrhp52
07-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by CuttersCove
Haven't tried blowing out the house, but definitely have blown out the inside of the truck on cleaning days :)

Yep, Now that I've done!

Kelly's Landscaping
07-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Next time use the hose on your air compressor this does work its a lot more accurate and it doesn't leave those 2 cycle fumes all over the house.

txlawnking
07-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Actually, the blower is child's play, I've ridden motorcycles through houses before, nothin' like carpet burnouts.. During my foolish early 20's, I also hacked on junk furniture with a chainsaw, at 3 a.m. Alcohol + buddies goading you on = FOOLISHNESS. Praise the Lord I quit drinking 3 yrs ago..

JimLewis
07-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Well I, for one, commend your ingenunity. Great effort!

I want to write a book one day called, "Housechores: The Lazy Man's Way." Included in my book will be all my best kept secrets;

How to top off the kitty litter box with 1" of new kitty litter to make it look like you changed it.
How Baby Wipes can clean counters and stoves in a Jiffy
How to leave 1 oz. of lquid in the pitcher in the refrigerator so you don't have to wash it
Why take out the garbage when you can just stomp it down more?
Paper Plates = no dishes
This dishwasher can be used as a cabinet to store clean dishes in too! Why make unnecessary steps?
Bud Light is just as effective as Oxi-Clean.
Who needs a vaccuum? "Heeere Rover!"

etc.