PDA

View Full Version : Fall

Blueangelfightr
07-21-2004, 03:38 PM
I know fall is coming a little later but I want to ask this now. I am only 15 and have my own little company with my friend, I only have a few accounts but I do plan to have more year after year. Heres my problem I just bought a Redmax EB7001 for the fall (there is alot of trees and pretty big properties around here) and he has a homelite handheld. I know that I am going to be doing most of the work when the leaves start to fall and I don't mean to sound greedy but I will be doing most of the work. Should I keep spliting the money like I am now or should I thell him that I think that I should get more. He also doesn't have the best work habits ( lazy ). Please help. Thank you in advance.:confused:

mkwl
07-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Where in NJ are you?? If you are doing most of the work, then you should get most of the money. You are posting in the wrong section.

kemmer
07-21-2004, 04:11 PM
get a push blower also. it would be a big help. a redmax wont do it by its self. i have a redmax and a billy goat 10hp. it do it just by my self, its tough but worth the money. im currently in the process of selling it and getting a 9hp little wonder.

where are you in NJ? im in bergen county.

also can somebody move this thread?

Blueangelfightr
07-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Sorry didn't realize this was the picture forum. I'm in bergen county. Thanks for the responses.

fga
07-21-2004, 04:31 PM
this is a problem with any type of partnership, no matter what age you are. if you were both 30 years old, your friend would still be lazy. get out of it now while your young, and start fresh by yourself.....

RedWingsDet
07-21-2004, 04:34 PM
drop being in a partner ship. a few reasons why i didnt go in on a partnership is because most people my age are lazy, execpt for a few of us. they dont know the value of a dollar so they will spend it foolishly.

but the biggest one of all, im selfish, i would never want to have someone else looking at my books and someone who i had to split money with. i rather just get some employees and pay em way less. but for lawns i only use one employee, landscaping i usually use 3-6. depends on job.

Rich's Lawn Care
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by fga
this is a problem with any type of partnership, no matter what age you are. if you were both 30 years old, your friend would still be lazy. get out of it now while your young, and start fresh by yourself.....

What Adam said.

Blueangelfightr
07-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Well thanks for all of the responses I guess I will have to drop him. That is kinds what I was thinking anyway. But you know what they say easier said then done. Thank alot for the comments again.

lawnguyland
07-21-2004, 05:37 PM
I had the same situation as you many eons ago and kept my business to myself. Avoid the partner idea. I did hire friends and pay by the hr, but that worked out ok, although I may have been lucky there. Good luck dude!

mkwl
07-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Definitely get a Little Wonder blower! I love my 10 hp Little Wonder blower!!!!

EastProLawn
07-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by fga
this is a problem with any type of partnership, no matter what age you are. if you were both 30 years old, your friend would still be lazy. get out of it now while your young, and start fresh by yourself..... FGA is right, get out now.

Blueangelfightr
07-21-2004, 09:25 PM
How much do little wonders cost? I would absolutely think about getting one if I could afford it. Right now I'm trying to save up for a lawn mower.

mkwl
07-21-2004, 11:32 PM
You can get a 6 hp Little Wonder for about $650. My 10 hp Little Wonder was $964. If you don't have a commercial mower yet, get a Bob-Cat!!!! I love mine!!!!!!

HOOLIE
07-21-2004, 11:50 PM
The problem with partners is that usually its one of your buddies. And pretty soon you won't be buddies anymore. So stay buddies with each other and don't work together.