PDA

View Full Version : John Deere 777 Pics

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Here are some pics of my new (just delivered today) JD 777 Z-Trak ZTR mower.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:29 PM
And another pic:

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Here's one of the 757 and 777 rear view, side by side:

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:36 PM
One of from the left front side (this is the one in my avatar):

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Here's a rear view - you can see (barely) the hitch they installed on it. It's welded from the inside and is actually a hitch off of the Gator utility vehicle.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Here's another rear view - it has a slightly better view of the hitch.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Here's a good view of the pump setup - single casing, dual pump internals. It's huge! Plus, this shows the Stainless lines going to the motors; as you can see, they are also enormous.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:41 PM
This is the operating panel. No gauges (which I think it should have), just warning lights.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Here's a good view of the engine and radiator as well as showing the exhaust. The engine is very quiet compared to the air cooled 757 I was using.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Here's a good view from the front:

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Here's a view from the right front side. As you can see, it has a huge discharge opening which really spreads the clippings out. I am very happy with the 7-Iron deck!

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Here's a view of the fuel filler opening - I think it's like 3.5 inches or bigger. As you can see, they delivered it with a full tank - that's 12 gallons of gas!

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:47 PM
This is a good view of the deck area as well as the front greasable casters. This area is extremely beefy.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Here's a view of the mower spindle area beneath the flip up access panel.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Here's a view side by side with the 757 - they look fairly similar until you start looking at the frame and the front tires. The 777 has larger tires and a heavier, gussetted frame.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:53 PM
A slightly different view of the enormous pump.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Here's just before the dealer began to unload the machine. Oh, yeah - it was exciting!

robertbick
07-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey Steve, congrats on your new toy. Very nice. I looked at the JD's last week but ordered a new Exmark Monday. Hoping it comes by the weekend so I can play in the grass. I bought the Exmark mainly because of the dealer, I know him well and know they are good people. The JD dealer turned me off by putting down Exmark and saying they are a POS. I don't care for dealers that pull that kind of crap. I know both brands make fine machines. Good luck!

Bob

Steve1
07-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Here it is, just about off the truck.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Here's another view of the engine/cooling system. Pretty robust!

Steve1
07-21-2004, 05:04 PM
A better view of the muffler/exhaust.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 05:07 PM
And the last one - the dealer pulling it up next to the 757. I can't say enough good things about the dealer - Koenig Hardware in Botkins, Ohio. If you need anything in the John Deere line and you're close, give them a call - 937-693-2201 and ask for Aaron or Ray. They are GOOD people and they take care of their customers.

Steve1
07-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by robertbick
Hey Steve, congrats on your new toy. Very nice. I looked at the JD's last week but ordered a new Exmark Monday. Hoping it comes by the weekend so I can play in the grass. I bought the Exmark mainly because of the dealer, I know him well and know they are good people. The JD dealer turned me off by putting down Exmark and saying they are a POS. I don't care for dealers that pull that kind of crap. I know both brands make fine machines. Good luck!

Bob

Thanks Bob! I agree, if the dealer is a jerk, you don't want to deal with him. Exmark does indeed make a FINE machine! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Tonyr
07-21-2004, 05:21 PM
G'Day Steve,

Those are excellent pics, excellent descriptions, along with a bloody fine mower! good on ya, J.D sure takes the cake with presentation, very eye appealing gear, why did they put a fan on the hydros?

What size pumps has it got?

I have always wandered as Hustler super Z has a fan on their hydros, yet my 04 mod Toro Z588E hasn't, BDP 10's...

When you grease your ourside spindles, do you remove the black pully cover?

Did you get the option of a suspension seat with that model?

Sorry for all of the questions, I really wish I had the opportunity to demo one last year, but dealer wanted me to buy before demo, yeah right! LOL!

Again, great pics!

jpmako
07-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Okay Steve,

You had to just rub it in did'nt you.
Congratulations!!!
I am assuming I will be taking delivery next wednesday.
Good Luck with it, and keep me posted on any problems you have with the machine and I will be sure to do the same.
Also lets see some pics of some lawns cut with it!

Jason

txlawnking
07-21-2004, 05:47 PM
That is a very nice machine Steve, I hope it makes you a fortune.

Mico Landscaping design
07-21-2004, 05:57 PM
hey stave looks good... good luck with it :) to bad i did not know you i can get 20 % over cost for JD :) g/f's sister works for them :) even though i dont belive andything runs and cutts better than an EXMARK!! good luck man if u can get some cutting line's pictures post them i wanna see how they cut!

Steve1
07-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Thank you to everyone who posted here so far! Nice to know that we all appreciate a fine piece of equipment, no matter the color of the paint.

Mico - sorry to hear about that fact that you might have even saved me more money! But still, I'm very satisfied with the price I paid for this liquid cooled beast ($7850).

txlawnking - thank you!

jpmaco - hang in there! It's definitely worth waiting for!

TonyR - it has Kawasaki DUP 13's which I believe is a 13cc(?) pump(s). As far as the fan on the hydros, according to the dealer it's only for suplemental cooling. It has a 2 gallon hydraulic reservoir so there is ample capacity without the need of a cooler I'm told. I do know this - even though the unit is brand new, the responsiveness of the hydros is awesome; pinpoint turning with any movement of the levers and no awkward jerkiness at all. I haven't had to service it yet nor have I read the book, so I'm unclear about the black covers on the outer spindles. I'll get back to you on how I have to grease them but I think that the covers do have to come off - they are only quick pinned on there so they should pop off in a blink of an eye. JD does not offer a suspension seat but I can vouch for the fact that this seat is extremely well cushioned and makes the machine ride like others do with a suspension. A suspension would be even nicer but I'm not complaining - I put several hours on the 757 so I'm not going into it blind.

All - there are a LOT of great ZTR's out there. I really, reallly had a hard time choosing between the Hustler SuperZ, the exMark Lazer, the Toro Z-557, and the Scag Turf Tiger. When it all boiled down, it came down to the cut (the Deere had the best cut in all my demos but the others were outstanding as well) and in particular, the dealer.

I can't say enough good things about Koenig and they've always treated me like I want to be treated - like my business is just as important as anyone elses. So, while all the other dealers were very decent, some were better than others (read my comparo's if you would like more details). The top 3 dealers I demo'd from were the Scag (but he was so far away), the Hustler (but he was almost as far away and I didn't like the cut quite as well as on the Scag and the Deere), and the Deere dealer I bought from. However, Koening's dealership just flat out walked away from the rest when it got down to the nitty gritty and time to sign on the dotted line. That, along with my past experiences with them, made my decision a little easier. :D

That's why there's a new John Deere 777 Z-Trak in my garage tonight.

Tonyr
07-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Thank you mate, nice reply.

I'm going to a trade show in September, hopefully I can get to know these beasts, shame I never demoed one, but I'm so glad this experience was pleasant for you, demoing can be stressful and confusing.

Bloody nice mower mate, great choice.

jpmako
07-21-2004, 07:33 PM
TonyR,

You can grease the spindles from the top without removing the shields. most all John Deere Mowers have that design.

Here are the specs

MANUFACTURER John Deere

MODEL 777

Engine

Manufacturer Kawasaki

Model No. FH750D

Horsepower (gross) 27 hp (20.1 kW)

Displacement 45.5 cu. in.

Cylinders Two

Crankcase Capacity 2 quarts (dry)

Oil Filter Spin-on type

Lubrication Full pressure

Cooling Liquid

Air Cleaner Dry type, replaceable

Pre-Cleaner Foam

Fuel System

Fuel Type Regular, unleaded

Fuel Tank Capacity 12 U.S. gallons

Fuel Tank Switch/Shut Off Valve Yes

Electrical System

Charge System 20 amp

Battery Voltage 12 volt

Cold Cranking Amp 340

Hour Meter Standard

Operator Presence Starting System Seat and handles

Drive Train

Hydraulic Pumps Kansaki DUP 13

Wheel Motors Parker Ross

Forward 0-11 mph

Reverse 0-4.5 mph

Speed and Direction Control Zero turn

Hydraulic Capacity 2 U.S. gal.

Filter Spin-on type

Tires

Drive Tires 24x12-12

Load Rating 4 PR

Brakes

Dynamic Braking Hydraulic

Park Brake Band type

Park Brake Actuation Hand lever

PTO

Type Warner Magstop

Drive V-belt

Mower Decks

Available Widths 72 in.

Discharge Side

Height-of-Cut Range 1.5 - 5 in.

Increments 0.25 in.

Cutting Width 72 in.

Blades

Length 25 in. (72 in. deck)

Thickness 0.25 in.

Tip Speed 16,500 fpm

Number Three

Wheels

Caster Wheel Type Pneumatic

Caster Wheel Size 13x5-6

Front Anti-Scalp Rollers RH, LH

Rear Anti-Scalp Rollers LH

Dimensions

Length 79 in.

Width 74 in.

Height 44 in.

Weight 1420 lb. (vehicle)

Deck Construction One- piece Stamped Steel

Deck Thickness 7 gauge (0.177 in.)

blair smock
07-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the great pictures and info!! I know how you feel! REally wanted JD but The dealer was a jerk. Went xmark this time, Take care, Blair

chefdrp
07-21-2004, 08:33 PM
great looking machine. I have a 737.

webdrifter
07-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Steve1,
I'm glad to see that it finally arrived. I know your probably like a kid at Xmas, I would be. Tell us what you find different between it and the 757 that you used. I'm going to Demo a 757 this week myself, and was wondering if the 777 was really that much different.

BSDeality
07-21-2004, 09:36 PM
have you considered working for a photographer? lol, i'm not sure if you took enough pictures ;). the machine looks nice, let us know how she runs and cuts.

Up North
07-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Steve1, that is a sweet looking mower and I'm sure it'll perform just as good as it looks.

I got a good laugh out of all the pics...I don't know if you have any kids but if you do I bet you don't have any wall space left for any new pictures!!!:D :D

Good luck with the new JD, I was just as proud of my new Snapper Z when I got it a month ago (my first Z). Congrats!

Buck

Steve1
07-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by BSDeality
have you considered working for a photographer? lol, i'm not sure if you took enough pictures ;).

Actually, I took more pictures than I posted! :eek:

nelbuts
07-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Steve, got any pics of your new mower? :laugh: :dizzy:

Pecker
07-25-2004, 07:27 PM
That is one nice machine!

I have a 757 and if I had the need I'd have another, and another, and another. . .JD makes excellent equipment. I'm happy to see you taking pride in Deere as I do and I hope those green machines put lots more green in your pocket.

Excellent choice and may the force be with you!

Trevors Lawn Care
07-25-2004, 07:55 PM
makes me wonder if the dealer thought he was going to be in an ad, or a photo campaign. I wonder what was going through his mind when you were taking all those pictures.

ALL IN ALL...........NICE MACHINE.

Trevor

wth18359
08-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Steve,

Your previous information has been very helpful, and I now find myself trying to choose between the JD 777 and the LQ
Exmark, both with the 72" deck. I can get the JD for about $1200 less, but several people have commented that they can get a better cut at full speed with the Exmark. What is your experience after using your new 777 for a few weeks? Do you have to slow
down to get a better cut?

Tom

tarp5350
10-12-2004, 10:01 AM
steve1 how do you like the 777 so far? i am planing to order one in the spring of next year.

Travis Followell
10-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Very nice mower Steve.

Next year we will either be getting a new 777 or a new Ferris. Will have to demo them both. The deck is better on the JD but I wouldn,t care about that if I could get a mower that rides as smooth as Ferris claims it does.

deereman
04-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Had to dig up this old thread. Just wondering how well is the 777 holding up? And how many trouble free hours are on the thing!

cglservice
05-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Hope its doing well just bought one myself last week.
Big difference from the old m665.