PDA

View Full Version : Pic: Scag 61" Wb Stripes

EastTnLC
07-21-2004, 06:11 PM
These were done by a Scag 61" hydro Wb. I had a wild hair today and decided to experiment with the spacers on the deck. So, I took all the spacers off from the underside of the deck so that the blades would be higher than the deck. When I mow the deck would act as a striper bending the grass. Measured it and Exactly 3". Overall I think it turned out OK. Its not the perfect stripes in the world but Im very pleased with the way they look. Got them pretty darn even across the driveway. (Yards got alot of bare spots so just bare with me)

EastTnLC
07-21-2004, 06:14 PM
and one more...

EastProLawn
07-21-2004, 08:59 PM
"Bare spots", "bare with me", LOL
Nice stripes......:D

Green Care
07-24-2004, 08:20 PM
How ya like your 61 mine stripe anything.

EastTnLC
07-25-2004, 11:27 AM
I love it. Mine is a 1991 and it is awesome. How did you get the tandem tires? One thing I wish mine did have, The new style handlebars with SCAG on it. Just like yours. It makes them look better. I dont mean to offend you (Exmark,Toro,Lesco,John deere,etc) guys but I am 100% Scag person!

Green Care
08-26-2004, 09:55 PM
A guy in your area made them for me and shipped them.

ProStreetCamaro
08-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by EastTnLC
I love it. Mine is a 1991 and it is awesome. How did you get the tandem tires? One thing I wish mine did have, The new style handlebars with SCAG on it. Just like yours. It makes them look better. I dont mean to offend you (Exmark,Toro,Lesco,John deere,etc) guys but I am 100% Scag person!

You want to buy my 36" scag? It's a POS and cuts like crapola. Wont stripe, tranny is bad after 500 hours, been through 2 electro clutches, safety switches dont work, and the switch that shuts the mower off doesnt work. From the looks of your stripes the grass looks shaggy and looks like @$$ IMO just like our scag. So make me an offer and she is all yours!!!! Please somebody buy this heap off of me!

KathysLGC
08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Please somebody buy this heap off of me!
I'll give you $50. right now! Us cash! :) Theres one offer.

ProStreetCamaro
08-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Playboy
I'll give you $50. right now! Us cash! :) Theres one offer.

Man I am tempted!

mdb landscaping
08-28-2004, 01:40 PM
we have one older 61 inch scag walkbehind kicking around the shop. its our back up machine for when a tiger breaks down. i will say they sure do stripe good, and of all the mowers, will cut the best in wet conditions, with very minimal clumping. its actually a big joke cause we call it the mower that keeps ticking. the thing has burned up twice lol....one time pushing leaves the exhaust caught it on fire and did a fair amount of damage, and recently an oil fire cost $600 to fix. we keep fixing it just to have as a back up and it is a decent machine.