PDA

View Full Version : Cool trailer idea

Hamons
07-21-2004, 06:23 PM
While lookign for trailer ideas I cam e across this -- very nice -- I thought!

http://www.tonguetwister.net/twistscape.html

http://www.tonguetwister.net/images/scapetwist2.jpg

MudslinginFX4
07-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Make sure you go to the link people, first look I didn't see the purpose of the trailer because I thought you had to detatch it from the vehicle, but looking at the website I see that the trailer turns! Only thing I see now is I would only be able to use it at places that have big streets or parking lots.

MOJO111
07-22-2004, 03:39 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool: I'll have to make one .

grasswhacker
07-22-2004, 06:59 AM
I see no advantage to a front that lowers. First you would have to unlock the pivoting tongue then swivil around and lower the front ramp. I'll bet i could get what i want from the front in 1/2 the time by unloading through the back without all the hassel. That gimmic won't last long.

selnoil
07-22-2004, 08:12 AM
I've got a friend that has trailer with a front ramp that drops onto the truck. He can back the mower right up in it and dump out without getting a blade of grass on the ground. Maybe this trailer could do the same thing if it had a different tonge jack? Thats were I see a front ramps advantage.

PaulJ
07-26-2004, 12:30 AM
I think a side ramp on the front would be more useful.

Randy Scott
07-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Sorry, I see no advantage to that trailer.

Hamons
07-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Wll -- it's not one i am buying -- just thought I would share it.

However, one advantage would be for landscaping and having mulch in your trailer and then trying to load debris. OR to be able to get mulch and compost in one load and then be able to load one from the back and one from the front -- would be more efficient. However a side gate accomplishes most of this also.
Always cool to see new ideas though rihgt :)

Tigerotor77W
07-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Actually it kinda makes sense... assuming the two ends have the same mounting system, you could drive up to a jobsite and drive away -- leaving the trailer and the machine there, free to exit from either side. Maybe a little redundant, but if you're do snowplowing and park the machine (on the trailer) in a garage and need to use the machine to sweep a parking lot without moving the trailer, you could back the trailer against a wall without worrying about the machine not being to get out. When you're finished, just drive the machine on the trailer and pull it away.

I think too much.

mdb landscaping
07-27-2004, 06:15 PM
that would make a killer dirt bike jump:D i guess some guys might find a use for it, but i cant really think of a reason i would need something like that.