PDA

View Full Version : ? price of tricopyr

Olylawnboy
07-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of how much "tricopyr" costs per gal.? or a brand of chem that contains/ what percentege of it. It seems to be used on golf courses and in the woods/ forest/ bush, for way down there :) A selective herbicide I think. Only 21 hits on google and they don't say much. At least as far as I see it. Thanks....Oly

GroundKprs
07-22-2004, 01:21 AM
Put the "L" in it - triclopyr. Over 15,000 hits on Google. It is the best control of woody plants in my experience. It is generally used in combo with other herbicides as a broadleaf weedkiller. Only time I use it by itself is in treating stumps of weed trees, and have had 100% success for 20 years.

Can't help you on cost - I never pay attention to that. If something costs $5/gal or $500/gal, I'll buy it if it does the job. Cost is built into the billings.

Olylawnboy
07-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks GroundKprs I didn't know it was spelled wrong as I just copied it from the newspaper. I am just curious about the price because they treated our downtown lake with 700 gal.s of the stuff at a cost of 168 grand, a six hour job for one man. Someone sure made out like a fat rat.

LwnmwrMan22
07-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Not if the stuff was $240 / gallon or more, which when you start getting into chemicals that actually work, I've bought chemicals that were $200+ / gallon.

However, was that 700 gallons of actual chemical, non mixed, or mixed? That would be the question to find out.

To a home owner or someone that's used to going to Wal-Mart or Home Depot and getting "user ready" Round-Up for $10 / gallon or whatever, it does look like he made out like a fat cat.

Shady Brook
07-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Garlon 3A probably has the most Triclopyr as the active ingredient at 44%. Not sure of the cost, I was thinking it was obtainable in the $70 a gallon range, but could be off on that.

You can read more about it here.
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld0AU008.pdf

Jay