PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boys

MOJO111
07-22-2004, 09:17 AM
HAS ANY ONE used them, what are they like. For and against opinions. any thoughts. Havn't heard much about them seen as they are a sponsor of this site as well.??
thanks Phill.

MOJO111
07-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Has no one in the USA used a bad boy mower???:confused::confused:

bbhlawn
07-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Another one of the LCO's in town is the local rep for them. He used to have lesco equipment, but this year of course swtched to bad boy. I stopped and checked them out....they don't look to bad, but I don't think they are the best out there. They have some cheaper models and I think that you are propably going to get what you pay for.

I was looking at hem thinking it wouldn't be too bad to have another ZTR, but I'm a little concerned about parts and support. I think I'll be giving them a few more years before I try them out.

bayoulawn
07-22-2004, 11:54 AM
I have a bad boy and I think it is an awesome machine.
27hp liquid cooled kawasaki, 1/4" THICK STEEL DECK, everything on this machine is very easily accessable. It cuts beautifully.
Check one out, you'll be glad you did.

Goodguy001
07-22-2004, 11:58 AM
whats the wieght of that unit with a 1/4" deck?

bayoulawn
07-22-2004, 12:07 PM
A little over 1100lb.s

primecutmo
07-22-2004, 04:02 PM
mojo do a search on this site and you can get alot of info on the bad boys. pm me if you have questions i used to have one

Mark McC
07-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Their site shows a 25hp/48" model listed as starting at $4995, but the engine is a Briggs. I don't know engines much, but everyone on this board seems to have a real aversion to their engines.

Bad Boys' site also lists a 27 Kohler with a 48" deck starting at $5795. It may be that "starting at" means that you have to buy a gas tank and wheels, but if you can mow with it, that's not a bad price at all. A similar exmark is going to run well over seven grand if I'm not mistaken.

The catch for me? No dealers here in VA, or in Maryland. Think I'm driving to North Carolina for a mower/service/parts? Only if you're still checking to see if that tooth is still under your pillow.

It's amazing to me how many manufacturers won't set up a dealership here in northern Virginia. There are a zillion LCOs up this way and the per-capita income in Fairfax County is among the highest in the nation. A lot of people want lawn care, so a lot of people want mowers. Duh?

My question to manufacturers is: Wanna sell some mowers? Get your butts up here and sell them. A location in a town of 2,000 in North Carolina is not going to move a lot of inventory. Who in God's name is running these companies anyway? Larry, Moe and Curley?

shortgut
07-22-2004, 07:07 PM
www.badboymowers.com

MOJO111
07-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Thanks heaps for the input guys. I'd like to see one up close but no dealers here in OZ.