PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Trap Rubbing Grips Off

grasssin
07-22-2004, 12:16 PM
My trimmer trap has already broken my Husky trigger off yesterday, and is in the process off rubbing the rubber off my Stihl 85 edger.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thought I might be putting them in wrong, but if you just put them in with the shafts touching they just spin while you are driving.

Wondering if there is a quick fix or not.

AuburnGuy
07-22-2004, 12:39 PM
You are not putting them on wrong. Mine are tearing up also. I'm not really sure what to do about it. I have already replaced one with a tennis wrap. It is wearing also. And i have another that is about to break. i have not figured out a solution yet.

Tharrell
07-22-2004, 03:26 PM
I have a TT-2 Pro 4 and haven't had any problems yet. Which one do you have? Can you post any pictures?

DLCS
07-22-2004, 04:10 PM
I've been using trimmer Traps for 3 years and i have all Husky trimmers and stick edgers, no problems yet.

AuburnGuy
07-22-2004, 04:25 PM
I have the one that holds 3

LawnScapers of Dayton
07-22-2004, 06:07 PM
my trimmers will hardly twist at all in my Trimmer Traps...

No ware going on here with Shindiawa's....

Derek

grasssin
07-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I have the TT original, I believe that is the one that holds three. I am wondering if it could do witht the different types of trimmers I have.

Pissing me off though because my edger is only three months old and I am already having to duct tape it.

jbell113
07-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I custom made mine and i put pipe insulation where the racks touch the trimmers.

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
07-22-2004, 08:20 PM
I bought a TT-3 and it too is tearing up the grips on my FS 75's

specialtylc
07-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Try this idea.I do it with one of my trimmers. Attatch a bungee cord to the trap frame and hook the other end to the trimmer loop handle. It doent have to be so tight that it lifts the trimmer , just enough to keep it from rocking back and forth.

madmusic
07-23-2004, 07:39 PM
take a peice of flooring material like they would use in a weight room (sears) cut it into small pieces to fit the rcks.makes 4 a tight fit. works great

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
07-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Yesterday I took a closer look at things and I think its the hook part that is welded to the upright .If TT would just grind an angle on the end of the hook where it is attached it would take care of this problem.Heck I could do this ,Wonder if TT would send me a can of touch up paint ?

Shady Brook
07-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Watch the shafts of you trimmers and edgers, it will wear there as well. I have lost shafts and gear boxes because of them wearing through the shaft. I put electrical tape on my trimmers, and coated the bars on the trap with rubber stuff, put foam on the trimmer shafts, and some of it even helped. I am really not satisfied with the design, even though it is a very fast and efficient device. I went Green Touch this time, and my handles and shafts show no visible sign of wear.

Good luck
Jay