PDA

View Full Version : ever had a bad day like this?

Mico Landscaping design
07-22-2004, 03:04 PM
wensday morning the six of us pulled up to do the biggest job we got which is all togehter 43 acres but we mow 20 with 4 60' mowers blah blah...... first mower comes off BACK flat tired no big thing go get it fixed..... 1/2 hour down time.... Get back get my mower back FRONT tire is FLAT so buy then i am thinkin oh what a great day what else could go wrong.... 2 minutes later The brand new mower FRONT tire is flat so its not even 7 30 am and i got 3 flat tires AHHHHHHH... so throw 2 of the mowers on and go get them fixed.... no problem another half hour down GRRRRRR get all that done... go to pull one of the mower's back on trailer the tention bar IS BROKE GRRR so down a mower now..... SO YA thats how my day went... then i was whipping the last little bit buy a fence GOT stung not 1 time BUT 4!!!!! sooo i think that was the worst day of the year.... any one else beat that lol just wanna see ..

all degree
07-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Not as bad but last night I ran over a discharge hose that will cost me $50 to fix and the next lawn completly tore off a wooden gate that will cost me $75 to fix.

Its the time to do fix these that really hurts. First time all season I did any damage.

Avery
07-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Plug kits man...they are cheap insurance.

walker-talker
07-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Maybe you should consider carrying some Slime and a small compressor with you. It's helped me more than a couple times. I had a couple flats in one week, at the beginning of the season. Went through and slimed ALL tires.

premier lawn care
07-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Go get a simple plug kit from Wal-Mart

WigginsLandscaping
07-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Well i shat myself about 25 miles from the house in the middle of the heat on a busy day. Had no clothes to change and had boxers and shorts on. Damn it sucked soooooo bad words can;t explain. I would have taken that day over mine anyday of the week.

bigdaddyspags
07-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by WigginsLandscaping
Well i shat myself about 25 miles from the house in the middle of the heat on a busy day. Had no clothes to change and had boxers and shorts on. Damn it sucked soooooo bad words can;t explain. I would have taken that day over mine anyday of the week.

is that the same as a "shart"?

EastProLawn
07-22-2004, 11:49 PM
without bad luck you'd have no luck at all. Sorry to hear about your bad days, hope things turned out ok.

QualityLawnCare4u
07-23-2004, 12:39 AM

Wiggins, thanks for sharing that with us LOL now that was a bad day!

Danny

ElephantNest
07-23-2004, 12:46 AM

LMAO

I almost spit my Chips Ahoy cookies all over the monitor.

Doster's L & L
07-23-2004, 02:07 AM

LMAO

I think i personally would've kept this information to myself, but what the heck? The name of this thread is "your worst day" and well.... you DID have a "shatty" day.... or do i mean somehting else? ;)

So there were no bushes around?? or really BIG trees to hide behind?

Shady Brook
07-23-2004, 07:49 AM
That sounds like every Monday for me.;)

I got home last night to find out I took 8 roofing nails. I had a flat (new) trailer tire, Flat ztr tire, and 6 nails in 3 brand new Z tires. Yeah, plug kits are real handy. Make sure you get lots of plugs and goo, you never know when you will need lots.

Jay

WigginsLandscaping
07-23-2004, 10:18 AM
No trees in rear yard. Residential Customer and she was home to make things worse. One of those things where you think i know i can make it just 5 more minutes. Then the following week the customer asked me why i didnt knock on door to get my check. I of course told her it slipped my mind and i didnt think about it b/c of the tight schedule we were in. Didnt want to ask to use her restroom. Come into a clean house with grass all over me and stink up the house to bat. Anyway i dont think the same anymore. Just a little growl and I pick up a leave. Plenty of scheduled "water stops" now throughout day. Damn it just sucked to say the least. The worst part was the ride home and looking at my helps face when he asked almost at the sametime. Where did you get into mud? And man did you sh!t? Thinking it was just a bad fart. God how I wished. Anyway...I would take a flat tire anyday.