View Full Version : need to learn
07-22-2004, 02:42 PM
any suggestions on some books or websites on tree disease. also need to read up on weeds and fert programs any and all help is greatly appreciated. new to the biz and need all the help i can get thank you for replying:)
contact your local extension office
07-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Here are some of my favorites:
1) Turfgrass Management By A.J. Turgeon
2) Sports Fields By Jim Puhalla, Jeff Krans, Mike Goatley
3) Plant Health Care for Woody Ornamentals By John Lloyd
4) Insects That Feed On Trees and Shrubs By Johnson and Lyon
5) Diseases of Trees and Shrubs By Sinclair, Lyon and Johnson
These books will be great referance books and As B+B mentioned your cooperative extension agent will help you with problems you cannot solve on your own.
Enjoy working in the green industry!
07-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Sister site to this one, there's a lot of knowledge in those forums....
As far as books, anything by Dr. Alex Shigo.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.