PDA

View Full Version : Lesco HPS Spreader/Sprayer Pictues

HayBay
07-22-2004, 05:30 PM
I know several of you want to see some pictures of this machine, so here they are:

HayBay
07-22-2004, 05:33 PM
here is another view

HayBay
07-22-2004, 05:44 PM
THis frame is stainless steel on the front half of the machine, painted metal on the back.

Very sturdy all over this machine. I was surprised because I read about the welds breaking. This picture may show you but the stainless frame below the hopper is strong and thick tubing.

I want to discuss spraying with some of you guys.

I ran this thing down the road with straight water in it and I went 1305 Feet with a 5 foot spray width, with a full tank, rated at 9 gallons.

the nozzles are stainless steel TF VS-3. The surflow pump is a 12v 3.3 gallon per minute.

Running at 40Psi when spraying

They say this unit sprays 34,000 sq ft? how do they figure that out, I calculated 6525 Sq Ft of coverage at application speed approx 3.5 mph.

This is what I need some help on. Mabey you PG or Zspray guys could chime in.

Thanks.

HayBay
07-22-2004, 08:01 PM
the top pictures were before I put the spray boom on.

Heres some more:

HayBay
07-22-2004, 08:03 PM
heres one of the nozzles on the boom

HayBay
07-22-2004, 08:04 PM
This is the 9 gallon tank cluster.

HayBay
07-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Up close to the controls

HayBay
07-22-2004, 08:17 PM

HayBay
07-22-2004, 08:20 PM
I swaped nozzles on the boom to a TeeJet Flood .22 gpm (yellow ones) that I had around. I went 3300 linear feat with a 5 foot width , about 16,500 sq ft. But not close to 34,000. The coverage was decent and even.

Any comments on the nozzle sizes and coverage your getting per OZ of liquid would be appreciated.

I have heard 2.5 oz per 1000sq ft for broadleaf control.

Now the boss takes control.

PR Fect
07-22-2004, 09:52 PM
40 psi I think is to high. I do not have a spray boom like that, but on my pro lawn we run 15 psi. It does go as high as 35psi but was told low volume we should be running 15. You will need to mix at a low volume spray rate not the norm 2.5 per gal per 1000. Hope that gets you a little closer to dialing that thing in.

TSM
07-22-2004, 10:22 PM
might want to put the 'boss' in long pants

think safety

DUSTYCEDAR
07-22-2004, 10:43 PM
i think u r using to much pressure turn it way down the move it up to get good coverage

HayBay
07-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Ill try turning it down .

The machine hasn't seen anything other than water yet, but thanks for your concern TSM. It was 31C here today, humid as heck.

Pilgrims' Pride
07-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Looks good haybay.

I know you'll be happy with the HPS.
How much fert does the spreader hold now?
Where did you get that sprayer set up?

HayBay
07-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Ok, I turned the pressure down to 15 psi as suggested above on this baby running the original stainless steel tips. I went a distance of 4000 linear feet. Times 5 equals a total of 20,000 sq ft. Coverage was a bit spotty, so I will try to bump the pressure up a bit as DUSTYCEDAR mentioned. These nozzles are #3 so Im assuming they are 3 gpm. I would like to order some 2 and 2.5 nozzles and see if I can get close to the 34,000 sq ft of coverage as advertised.

Thanks for the info you supplied me with before I purchased Pilgrim's Pride.

The hopper is an 80 pound hopper that you see in the picture, but I have an attachment that snaps into place to extend the hopper to 125 Pounds. The unit seems to spread heavier to the right and lighter to the left (I read that before too). I bought at rittenhouse, they delivered to me.

Pilgrim's Pride, can you see the welds on the frame in one of the pictures I posted. Does it look like they reinforced it or does it look like the way you got yours when new?

Good upper arm workout for sure with the way this thing steers.

Ive run 4 tanks of water thru this machine on the same battery so far and this is the battery they delivered to me, I didn't charge it to full capacity yet.

I did get dripping from the nozzle tips as I was spraying, I think it may be because of the spray running off the nozzle housing because of the angle of the boom.

williamslawn
07-23-2004, 08:48 PM
How much did the spraying unit cost? I have a HPS and would like a sprayer also.

HayBay
07-23-2004, 09:58 PM
$600 US / $800 Can.

It is a good quality pump system. Has Pressure Regulator bypass agitation.

$49 Canadian for the extra battey I got.

How do you like your HPS williamslawn? Any comments/tips would be appreciated.

Does anyone know How long plastic Tee-Jet nozzles last on average?

Pilgrims' Pride
07-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Haybay,

The welds look just like mine after the repair.
Which is holding up nicely but I'll still get it reinforced.
WHERE DID YOU GET THE SPRAYER?

James Cormier
07-24-2004, 09:00 AM
http://www.gregsonclark.com/products.html

Go here Bob

turfsurfer
07-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Haybay, if the unit also has a manual third hole shutoff try closing it one click to even your pattern a bit, experiment with the clicks but start at one. Kind of a hassle but it worked for me on my push model. I do see that yours has a remote 3rd hole shutoff so I'm not sure if shutoff plate is the same as mine.

HayBay
07-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Pilgrim's Pride. I thought I left that info in the last post , but I guess I didn't. Here is a link:
http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=1894
Let me know if you need more info.

Turfsurfer, The third hole I have played with. I was just leaving it open or closed. I will try part way like you suggest to see what happens. The deflector works surprisingly well along edges. I get about a 7 foot wide spread at application speed 3.5MPH, does that sound right? I set the spreader at 13. It goes to 30 I recall. I calculated I went 11,000 sqft with a 55LB bag of 24% N2. slow release.

For the Sprayer I put the .22 Gpm nozzles back on this unit and dropped the pressure to 27PSI . I got 26,000 sqft coverage. I think I will hit 34,000 sq ft coverage If I drop the application pressure to 15 psi. There is good coverage but its not heavy, its like a good mist at 27psi.

Like mentioned in other posts by you guys, this type of coverage only seems to be good for Contact Spraying. Getting into the ground or to the roots may be a problem.

I think I will try granular for Pre-M. What do you guys use?

By the way I love this thing. Getting the hang of turning is coming along just fine.

Any hill this thing does, and any uneven ground it will traverse with a good center of gravity. If the hill is big the machine will slow a bit but will not bog, just chugs up it fine. The Kawasaki engine is real nice, Full Pressure system with an oil filter on it(6HP).

Stuck crossing an 8" tire rut, no problem get off and give a light push while holding the forward lever and your out.

Just got the PermaGreen video in the mail. Lol..

HayBay
07-24-2004, 08:26 PM
I came across your post James Cormier:

I do a granular fert & dimension or fert & barricaide rd 1, then I sell a 2nd app of crab during rd 2, ( just when crab is pokin it head up ) I use dimensionEC or acclaim and mix this with my weed control and spray it.

Thanks for that.