PDA

View Full Version : Help With a Bid Please

sarge38624
07-22-2004, 06:36 PM
This is my first season mowing and and things have been going well. I have been working with a 42" tractor with plans to upgrade to a 44z next spring. I passed out flyers yesterday and today I got a call from someone wanting to know if I would be interested in a taking care of a lawn at a church.
I went out and took a look at it today, and I am at loss. The lot is 5 acres, with about 1 acre of building and parking lot. There are 30 mature trees on the property. The ground is flat, but rough in some spots. There is about 80 yards of ditch bank that I think I would have to cut with a push mower.
The guy that called said that they would want it cut once a week during the Spring, and every 10 days during the late Summer.
My questions are; What would be a reasonable bid to take care of the property?? I know it is hard to say without seeing it, but your best guestimate is appreciated. Second, would a commercial 44ztr be big enough to take care of this or do I need to go bigger?? I want to be able to use whatever mower I buy on residential property as well as this one.
Thanks in advance for all of your help.

chuckers
07-22-2004, 06:48 PM
i would go with a 52 or 60 inch exmark scag something along them lines..... maybe a 48 inch if you have postage stamp propertys.... but for pricing figure how much you can do in 1 hr and figure how how many hours and go from there try to get about 40$ per hour

jbell113
07-22-2004, 07:02 PM
$220 per visit JMO it helps to see the property