PDA

View Full Version : bad co-worker

ince8728
07-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Ok everyone, so I've been working full time for a Prefessional Landscaper and this is my secone year with him. Anyway, he highered three new helpers, and they are desent for summer help but one of them is just an absolute d*ck. We always are busting eachothers chops but this guy takes it too far sometimes but specifically to me. I am younger than he is but I am way more experienced, now don't get me wrong I am not whining to all of you, i'm just asking for some advice, i've been holding my toung for a while now but have come close to just going off on him. What should I do?

- Matt

jbell113
07-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Need to know what the arguement is about give us an example.

Littleriver1
07-22-2004, 07:31 PM
If it's a us against them or you against me, you will never win. Change it to a him and you against the world.

CuttersCove
07-22-2004, 07:45 PM
How much older is he?

Trevors Lawn Care
07-22-2004, 07:54 PM
thats easy....WHOOP HIS ASS!

trevor

pjslawncare/landscap
07-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Make your boss aware of the "friction" between u 2. Ask him for suggestions or advise on it. Let him know your there to work and this co worker shouldnt make your time working for him uncomfortable for you.

Trevors Lawn Care
07-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by pjslawncare/landscap
Make your boss aware of the "friction" between u 2. Ask him for suggestions or advise on it. Let him know your there to work and this co worker shouldnt make your time working for him uncomfortable for you.

Deffinitly the route to take...If nothing happens then.....Take my advice from above

trevor

ince8728
07-22-2004, 10:12 PM
it's somewhat more like him giving me greef and i don't want to do anythin to cause more friction. (usually i would of taken action and set him straight but it's a professional environment so i'm trying to act professional and shake it off, but every day; it gets old after a while) I'm only a year younger, but is it possible that he doesn't like taking orders from someone who is younger yet more experienced? Trevor I have thought about it but I don't want to loose my job over some scum bag. (PJS lawncare i was throwing the idea around but i don't want my boss to put it as if I said it if my boss talked to this guy about it you know).

Mr_Marc
07-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
thats easy....WHOOP HIS ASS!

trevor

Good post = Not

Violence is a no no. Well maby if you work in the post office.

Ray & Karen
07-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Hold your head up high and press on with pride. He may be envious of you. You will grow out of letting issues like this bother you.

Evergreenpros
07-23-2004, 04:24 AM
Stop busting people's chops at work - you might have really hurt his feelings and he's just trying to "get you back" Some people are really easily offended. Who knows, maybe his alcoholic mother used to cut him down all the time and you said something to him that she said.

When you cut other people down, even though you're just joking amongst friends, it's bullying. Few people realize this. Teach him what you know, you're on the same team.

ince8728
07-23-2004, 11:28 AM
i very rerely bust peoples chops on the job so i sincerely doubt that is the case.

Droffaws
07-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Did you say he was just summer help? If so, just try to ignore him for a few more weeks then you're home free.....or beat him like he stole something. I would chose the first though...being a lover not a fighter that is.

Frosty_03
07-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Once he knows he get your goat then he will continue to aggitate you. I know it's hard not to be upsaet, but you have to be a proffessional and let it ride. Talk it over with your boss and see what he says, he has to know that you might be headed towards a hostile work enviroment. However before you talk to your boss have a one on one with this guy. Tell him that he makes you feel uneasy and would he please stop. This I would do before I talk to the boss, if he continues then I would have a talk with your boss. But like you said he is only a summer hire, and the summer is almost over. Good Luck and Keep your Head up!!!!!:cool: