View Full Version : 1 wheel sulky dilema

07-22-2004, 07:31 PM
With my "new" walkbehind I was also able to get a 1 wheel used sulky from the owner. The sulky was not used on that mower, he just had it around.

It is missing the bracket on the end of the arm, I am assuming it is just one piece. I am going to the dealer tommorow to try and get one.

Just wondering if their is a specific name for this, so I know what I need to ask for. Also, does what would the price run. It is simply the piece that allows the unit to be attached to the rear of the mower.

Finally, the chain piece that holds the sulky up in the air, is this an item that the dealer would have or somthign I have to make myself.

Thanks for your help.

07-22-2004, 07:36 PM
i'd call it a mounting bracket for a sulky. i would bring it with you also so that you can size something up.

go to HD or a hardware store and grab some light duty chain and use a bolt to mount it somewhere. use a regular "S" hook on the other end, i know guys who put caribeaners or other types that clasp shut, they're a PITA to unhook all day long.

07-22-2004, 07:38 PM
thanks bsd, btw, where are you located?

07-22-2004, 07:40 PM
the town just south of you. i do most of my business in ridgefield.