PDA

View Full Version : Lazy like me??

fcl01
07-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Is anyone else lazy like me? Ive lived in my house for 4 yrs. and i just now landscaped my own friggin house! I guess its true when they say that doctors are always sick, mechanics drive beaters, and lawn and landscape "professionals" live in sh&^holes.

Just wondering.

spin2098
07-22-2004, 08:26 PM
I hear you my lawn is always the last to be cut. My wife threatened to hire another company to cut my own yard.

Rick Jones
07-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by fcl01
...and landscape "professionals" live in sh&^holes.

Just wondering.

I know what you mean. The guy I used to work for had more trash than grass in his front lawn and a pile of broken cinder blocks for a front porch.

dvmcmrhp52
07-22-2004, 08:28 PM
My back lawn gets cut about every 2 weeks these days.............
Front lawn gets cut regularly because I cut the next door neighbors.......................

Woody82986
07-22-2004, 09:05 PM
I guess I need to get busy working. I have time to cut my lawn every 4 days. It's time to get busy making more money. lol

Mark McC
07-22-2004, 09:15 PM
The plumber's faucets leak worse than anyone else's, right?

fcl01
07-22-2004, 09:15 PM
yeah, i work too much. thats my new excuse. thanks woody

Itsgottobegreen
07-22-2004, 11:29 PM
It only took me 4 weeks to plant some trees at my house that my father bought. Only took 3 weeks to get around to digging the holes. Thank god I had a rented Mini track hoe on a job up the street. So I drove it home during lunch. Only took 15 mins, but If I didn't have it would have taken a couple of hours to do it by hand. It still took me another week to get them in the ground.

I got fertilizer for my lawn that has been sitting here for 2 months.

If there is money to be made, free jobs can wait.

HOOLIE
07-22-2004, 11:49 PM
I've stopped fertilizing my lawn so it doesn't grow so fast. Right now I cut it every 2 or 3 weeks. Everybody compliments us on all the flowers we planted. Actually we paid my wife's sister to do it for us.

BSDeality
07-23-2004, 01:05 AM
my patio has about 50 ft of edging that still needs to be cut in. sadly its on the bottom of my 'todo' list when my schedule is so busy.

Tharrell
07-23-2004, 06:22 AM
That's one way to keep the neighbors from becoming customers. I have had neighbors as customers and the only good thing about it is the convenience factor.

Littleriver1
07-23-2004, 06:31 AM
I had to get a taller dog.

GreenMonster
07-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by HOOLIE
I've stopped fertilizing my lawn so it doesn't grow so fast.

Me too. Needs it every 4-5 days, lucky to get it once a week.

Remsen1
07-23-2004, 10:37 AM
My lawn is tiny and so is my driveway. I am very fortunate. I used to have a huge lawn (5 hours to mow) and a huge driveway (two hours to plow). This meant that I was wasting a lot of time mowing and plowing my own chit and it interfered with going out and making money, used to make me hesitant to take on much. Now it takes me 20 minutes to mow and I can plow in two swipes (5 min).

lawnjockey51
07-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Ask the mailman if he goes for a walk around the block after dinner ...

LwnmwrMan22
07-24-2004, 12:19 AM
My pops comes over and mows my lawn whenever I've got time to leave the back-up lawn mower home for him.

Last year I finally hired a landscaping company to finish some retaining wall blocks that had been sitting along side the house from a deck install I did when I got married....... in '99. :eek:

Lbilawncare
07-24-2004, 01:27 AM
I am lucky to get mine done once a week, I have a fence so a lot of times I will only do a good job on the front. Last week a storm came through and knocked a section of my fence down, hope the neighbors didn't see the 9" tall grass and 3 dead bushes I transplanted that lived for 3 weeks. Knowing full well I can afford to go and buy shrubs, I always think I can transplant someones shrubs that I ripped out.

BladesAway
07-24-2004, 12:46 PM
I have to keep my place looking nice for the fact I have 3 customers in my neighborhood. I found that is the only way to keep it up. If you have the mowers out next door and accross the street then I might as well do it while I'm there.

jsr2741
07-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Yep, tore out the carpet in the master bedroom and did a re-paint and thats as far as I've got and that was 3 years ago. Tore out the bathroom in the master bedroom, took me about 6 months to finally get it drywalled and the new shower in. Still have to mud, paint, put in the flooring and some minor plumbing. Pretty sad.

Blessed 1
07-24-2004, 01:41 PM
I put my hedges off a long possible, then hired my helper to trim them!

snippy
07-24-2004, 01:49 PM
My yard is the worst one in our street, its actually a bit embarressing having the trailer parked in the driveway with my name on it, so I've been trying to do a bit to the yard each day to bring it up to a standard, but I really hate gardening so its hard to get motivated!

barringtonbrothers
07-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by snippy
My yard is the worst one in our street, its actually a bit embarressing having the trailer parked in the driveway with my name on it, so I've been trying to do a bit to the yard each day to bring it up to a standard, but I really hate gardening so its hard to get motivated!

AMEN BROTHER. My neighbors dont understand why I have 20,000 some bucks of stuff in the garage and my yard looks like crap. I just dont freaking want to look at my lawn when I come home, and thats a failing on my part. I should be out working on it now, but im gonna do it later -- ya right.

snippy
07-24-2004, 03:21 PM
I've even thought about paying someone else to do it, how ridiculous is that !!!
Maybe we can be like Lawyers and never represent ourselves.

TClawn
07-24-2004, 03:40 PM
I really hate gardening so its hard to get motivated! [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a really hard time going out and weeding the beds around my house and hate every moment of it,but willfully go and dig/weed someone elses beds and actully enjoy it.

I wonder why that is? payup :D