looking at buying this equipment
what do you think
33 inch billy goat walk behind , new
echo edger pe200
homelite backpack blower ut08111a
what do you think ??

specialtylc
07-22-2004, 10:14 PM
If thats what you can afford at this time, OK. If you can I would get more commercial line of mower and blower.

chambers 38
07-22-2004, 10:16 PM
its that new , or go with used?

chefdrp
07-22-2004, 10:21 PM
tell us more about your accounts. That will help us tell you what you might need. I would def. at least start with a 36 h/d. I had help getting started but i started with nice commercial stuff. I was lucky.

ince8728
07-22-2004, 10:31 PM
if you can afford it........... 36" belt wb, i would highly recomend a bob cat with a kawi 15 horse v-twin, absoutly beautyful cut!!! Also, Redmax, Echo, or Stihl weed wacker. And ONLY a Redmax 7001 or 8000, the best most powerful blowers on the market.

txlawnking
07-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Exactly what he^^^^ said!!

chambers 38
07-23-2004, 08:05 PM
my accounts are going to be small , nothing over 1 acre
Im hoping to start busnisess in a 1 or 2 months
im on a beer buget ant got much , but im haveing help from a accountent for money , i dont think he whont me buy new right now.
this help?

CamLand
07-23-2004, 08:10 PM
try getting educated first, and take the business seriously...

Mark McC
07-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by chambers 38
my accounts are going to be small , nothing over 1 acre
Im hoping to start busnisess in a 1 or 2 months
im on a beer buget ant got much , but im haveing help from a accountent for money , i dont think he whont me buy new right now.
this help?

Either this is some sort of joke or chambers is flat out of his tree. Starting a lawn service at the end of August or later? If you're serious, you're throwing money away. Wait for next year. Otherwise, just post this at www.WhatALousyJoke.com.

CamLand
07-23-2004, 08:18 PM
seems hoight white is making a comeback under i diffrent name...

Norm Al
07-23-2004, 08:21 PM
here is a sweet truck setup?

http://new.onthepiperacing.com/uploads/gallery/misc/UP5.sized.jpg

locutus
07-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by CamLand
try getting educated first, and take the business seriously... I agree, thirty years ago, nobody would have dared start an inquiry like this without first learning to spell. If people like this are the future of this country, I fear for our future.

dvmcmrhp52
07-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Hey!
How'd you get that picture of My new mobile home?????

CamLand
07-23-2004, 08:25 PM
that there is my hunting cabin...

chambers 38
07-23-2004, 09:19 PM
thanks
for thinking im a joke
i already asked this question when to start her and dident get an anser , im trying to get educated THATS WHY IM HER!!!
not to be call a joke!!!
im trying my best to get out of the business im in now and i have alot of business and finacal support so that why im interested in starting now,,
I thout i was talking to pros???
i know im not playing !!!!!!!!!!!!
so if you have good usefull advice please share otherwise dont

Thank you
Gil

chambers 38
07-23-2004, 09:21 PM
And my spelling on a computer has nothing to do with my intelligence im just no good with a keyboard!!!

Eric 1
07-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Use the spell check, and just buy what you can afford. Thats how most of us started.

And if you are going to hang around here, you will have to get used to being given a hard time. i mean shoot, they make fun of my $6k mower, just because it is not red.

Hang in there.

CamLand
07-23-2004, 09:40 PM
gil.if your serious first thing slow down with your typing reread what your typing.when you say your lawn business will interfer with your beer budget then you just opened yourself up to abuse.most of the people here are professionals we help each other out 24-7...i've been in the business almost 20 years and i still learn new tricks here...

jsmonroeCT
07-23-2004, 09:41 PM
And my spelling on a computer has nothing to do with my intelligence im just no good with a keyboard!!!

A keyboard has nothing to do with intelligence but intelligence has everything to do with proper spelling and grammer. Every time I speak with someone, I choose my words and the way I present them very carefully. You will never have a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Good luck with everything.

CamLand
07-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Eric 1

And if you are going to hang around here, you will have to get used to being given a hard time. i mean shoot, they make fun of my $6k mower, just because it is not red.

Hang in there.

Eric,paint that dixie red and you'll be fine my friend...

Eric 1
07-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by jsmonroeCT
A keyboard has nothing to do with intelligence but intelligence has everything to do with proper spelling and grammer. Every time I speak with someone, I choose my words and the way I present them very carefully. You will never have a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Good luck with everything.

That is a great post!

"You will never have a 2nd chance to make a first impression"

I love that.

Eric 1
07-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by CamLand
Eric,paint that dixie red and you'll be fine my friend...

Hmmmm, I may do that.lol

You use red mowers two?

CamLand
07-23-2004, 09:47 PM
all toro, and one very old exmark...

chambers 38
07-23-2004, 10:08 PM
My investor wants to know what kind of equipment i need to get started , he wants to see me get used , What in a mower should i look for ,deck,drive assemble,,,,
I'm pretty good with motors being a mechanic help their.
I'm hoping I'm going to buy new trimmer edger and blower.

Eric 1
07-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I think i would get a 48'' belt drive walk behind with atleast 15 hp.You can add the velky later to ride behind it.

Mark McC
07-23-2004, 10:41 PM
My investor wants to know what kind of equipment i need to get started , he wants to see me get used , What in a mower should i look for ,deck,drive assemble,,,,
I'm pretty good with motors being a mechanic help their.
I'm hoping I'm going to buy new trimmer edger and blower.

Gil, despite my earlier nastiness, I think you're better off waiting until next year. Trying to ramp up in this business at the end of July is a good way to incur a lot of expense with little prospect of a black-ink balance sheet at year's end, even in Florida.

As for used equipment, one thing to bear in mind is that anything that goes off-line during the week costs money and you have to very carefully calculate whether it's economically rational to opt for used equipment. As backup equipment, that's great, but as primary mowing stock, I'd be leery of buying used mowers.