PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Web Site

Hodge
07-23-2004, 12:36 AM
So you believe your prices are too high? Worked hard to get that applicators license?

http://www.dallaslawnservice.com

txlawnking
07-23-2004, 02:23 AM
That's sad...... but i wish em' the best luck... Is it April 1st already???

LawnScapers of Dayton
07-23-2004, 07:22 AM
I like how at the top it slides in that for $10 they will mow the "front" yard, trim and blow.......

Derek

maybe it's another $25 to get the back yard done....

Derek

ikesleeping
07-23-2004, 07:32 AM
After reading the web site it wants ten more for the back yard.Thats twenty for mow blo and go. Then it depends on the size of the lawn.I thought it was a good web site and some dad is a hellavue marketing agent

meathead1134
07-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Well, clean up yard for $5.00. I had a front and back yard that took me 10 hours to clean by myself. What can you do? What happens if they come across a yard that 3 acres????

sbvfd592
07-23-2004, 09:46 AM
L O L pop weeds 3 beans and a ice cold soda

Sean Adams
07-23-2004, 10:15 AM
agreed....someone's Dad knows how to spin it....nevertheless, this could be something we hear about in the future....or it coud be 2 young guys who are being used to make extra money for family vacation....time will tell

Up North
07-23-2004, 10:34 AM
You have to agree, it pretty clever. Like Sean said, someone's dad is probably pulling the strings. I would think spraying fert & herb could get them into a little trouble though...:cry:

ince8728
07-23-2004, 10:37 AM
there gonna have to cut alot of lawns to go on vacation with those prices.......... once they start to sweat they will quit.

Droffaws
07-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Wish 'em the best of luck....sounds like lots of work for little pay.

:laugh:

Shuter
07-23-2004, 12:33 PM
I had a customer come to me in June to say he found a kid that was taking over for me for $10.00 per week. I said great, don't ever call me back. This is a $750,000 home, I have had the customer for 3 years, year round service(snow), and is in a neighborhood where I service 44 properties. I explained the difference between me and a $10. kid, he stayed with me.

crazymike
07-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Wow you are guys are pathetic.

They are a couple of kids who will max out at 20 accounts. Are you that hard up for business that you think they will take your customers? I'm sure many of you cut your neibours grass when you were a kid for a few bucks. Unless you were some child prodigy that had $20,000 to get a bunch of mowers, insurance, etc... and charge $45 to drop the gate.

These kids will not steal your business, they probably can't mow lawns more than a mile from their house because they don't have a licence. When you are $14 years old making $10 an hour is a big deal. All of you need to remember what it's like to be a kid. I can't believe some of the people on this board.

Do you think your local diner jumps on a bunch of kids when they start a lemonaid stand down the road? I would hope not.

NNJLandman
07-23-2004, 02:17 PM
We'll they probably split that money so each make $5 a lawn but I have to admit they are smart, to get the backyard done is another $10 or thats what it seems like so there price for a property would be $20......I say we all chip in buy the dam biggest piece of land we can find hire them to do it, then if they complain about it, sue em for false advertising since it no where states price subject to change due to property size.....HAHA now whos got the upper hand kiddies :)

leadarrows
07-23-2004, 02:44 PM
"If we can't get to you because you're too far away don't worry...we'll still be able to refer you to one of our Dallas lawn care partners."
"Coming To Your Neighborhood Soon "

This is the part that caught my attention. Sounds like a little more than kids involved in this. Unless there really smart enough to have contacted some other kids in other areas. Maybe they have a lot of cousins. LOL

parkwest
07-23-2004, 03:12 PM
I agree with lead arrow. When I read it made me think it was just a marketing scam to get people to call.

DFW Area Landscaper
07-23-2004, 07:01 PM
These two kids just happen to be in my very market...Lewisville & Flower Mound.

This makes the third company I've seen advertising $20 cuts in my area. They might not make it in business, but do you know how hard it is to quote a real price and win business when customers have seen these prices advertised all over town? It's low balling, plain and simple.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

SouthernFried
07-23-2004, 07:17 PM
There's something wrong here...

Did you notice the advertising for the fertilizer and weed killer?

Oh, and I'm assuming "Clean lawn debris"...means cleaning up after mowing...i.e., blowing.

$10 front, $10 back, 5$ blow = $25 for a small yard.

Sorta a scammy way to hide charges. If you want your whole yard mowed and blowed...it's $25.00, not $10 as you might think if you don't read the whole thing.

That, coupled with the product advertising, the "cutesy" stuff like..."play pranks on our sisters and ride bikes"...turns me off somehow.

I think it's a good idea for adults to help kids with something like this...but for some reason, this whole thing seems sorta misleading and dishonest, and too "directed." I wonder how much the kids are involved and really wanna do this, vs. how much the adults are controlling it. I get the feeling one of the adults in this has some sorta financial involvement in pushing those fertilizers and weedkiller.

It might be just me, and these kids are incredibly savvy and ruthless businessmen...er, children. Hiding costs, bait and switch tactics ("well, if you want your 'whole' yard done...it's more"), product promotion, referring "other contractors in your area." They might be the next Bill Gates's of the world.

But, something just feels wrong about this...and sorta unseemly.

I wonder if those 2 kids will ever mow a yard.

"Well, we don't work in that area...but, we'll refer you to X company." After which they just get referrel fees. Do no work, and make all your money from referrels.

Hmm...If it wasn't for the way the kids might be being used here...It actually is a pretty good idea :)

DFWProLawn
07-23-2004, 08:31 PM
I wonder if those 2 kids will ever mow a yard. Well, we don't work in that area...but, we'll refer you to X company." After which they just get referrel fees. Do no work, and make all your money from referrels.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

NNJLandman
07-23-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm wondering if the Dads are maybe partners in the biz and they are letting the sons help them get a little work through some advertising, I mean look at that site, it was professionally done and obviously paid for a real domain name and what not which I'm sure you've all seen is expensive. Theres even a link to a web designer. So maybe Dad and Dad own the "real" biz and are givin their kids some kickbacks and letting em do a few local houses?

Jeff

Norm Al
07-23-2004, 08:50 PM
thats freakin cool!

would you rather those kids be at home hittin a joint , playing video games, getting FAT?

but then again it just looks like a website somebody did for experiance!

ken50
07-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I don't think these are just two kids trying to work hard and make a few bucks. Daddy is using a tried and true marketing tactic, kids, and coupling that with lots of other tactics that are way over a kid's head. Someone is using those kids to do more business, plain and simple.

chefdrp
07-23-2004, 11:53 PM
thier little saying is even trade marked. LOL