PDA

View Full Version : Some stripes (finally brought the camera)

twins_lawn_care
07-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Well, thought I'd take some pictures, as I'd like to get a good one to use as a background for an upcoming ad I'm working on. All comments welcome, I'll learn somthing from them.

twins_lawn_care
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
working with the pictures, sorry, I'll get it down

twins_lawn_care
07-23-2004, 11:09 AM
another view from the back

John Gamba
07-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Those look very good. Do you use anything bigger then a 21? If so you can put this in an add.
John

twins_lawn_care
07-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the offer John,
this year (just being our first full year) we've been using only 21" - ers they've more than paid for themselves, and have helped us save enough to move up to a 36" for next year.

I appreciate your offer on using your picture, as those are great stripes, but no offense, I just like to take pride in my own work, and want to use some of our actual work is all.

Look forward to making some bigger stripes next year though!

John Gamba
07-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by twins_lawn_care
Thanks for the offer John,
this year (just being our first full year) we've been using only 21" - ers they've more than paid for themselves, and have helped us save enough to move up to a 36" for next year.

I appreciate your offer on using your picture, as those are great stripes, but no offense, I just like to take pride in my own work, and want to use some of our actual work is all.

Look forward to making some bigger stripes next year though!

Anytime!!!!! Have fun!!!! Good Luck:cool:

lickedysplits
07-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Those look very good. Do you use anything bigger then a 21? If so you can put this in an add.
John
john those are great strips. how long is your grass in that shot?

John Gamba
07-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by lickedysplits
john those are great strips. how long is your grass in that shot?

3.5 BUT i do keep it at 3.0 when it is going to rain and stay cool. Next year irrigation :cool: Then it will be at 3.0 all the time!!

John

Lux Lawn
07-23-2004, 06:23 PM
John

Those are some of the best stripes I have ever seen, even better then the last time you posted them.

John Gamba
07-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Lux Lawn
John

Those are some of the best stripes I have ever seen, even better then the last time you posted them.

Thank you!!!! Big time!! Hows my tomatos????

John

Eric 1
07-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Wow!!!! those are some NICE stripes. What did you use to do that.

Oh, and those are some of the biggest tomato's i have aver seen.

Twins, Nice stripes, keep up the good work. My hats off to you I could never make it without my Z. :)

HayBay
07-23-2004, 10:05 PM
I think I seen that picture before or one like it John, Both your and Twins pictures are excellent.

John, you making tomato sauce this year?

Expert Lawns
07-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Nice pics guys. Twins, what kind of 36'' are you looking into getting next year?

twins_lawn_care
07-23-2004, 11:27 PM
I was debating on the Quick 36, as the price for a single hydro seems appealing, but regardless looking to spend around that amount $2000.

gogetter
07-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Twins, a couple questions. Are you using any type of striping kit on your 21's?

Also, if you didn't already know this trick, take your pictures with the sun behind you. This is the best angle that will show the most contrast in your stripes.

Your stripes didn't seem to have much contrast, so they don't really show well, at least not in those photos.

I'm thinking it was just the lighting or the angle the photo was taken that's causing the lack of contrast in the stripes. Just a guess.

John Gamba
07-24-2004, 07:45 AM
I was debating on the Quick 36, as the price for a single hydro seems appealing, but regardless looking to spend around that amount $2000.

Thats the one i would go with. The Quick 36 seems like a nice unit. I did look at all the mowers in that field and the quick came in on top everytime.
John

John Gamba
07-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by HayBay
I think I seen that picture before or one like it John, Both your and Twins pictures are excellent.

John, you making tomato sauce this year?

Yes and BLT's.
John

twins_lawn_care
07-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for all the replys everyone. I do agree, the sun light could have been better, in the pictures it was about to rain, so the sun wasn't even shining much. They would look (and do look) a lot nicer on a sunny day. I'll try again this weel.

John Gamba
07-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Thanks for all the replys everyone. I do agree, the sun light could have been better, in the pictures it was about to rain, so the sun wasn't even shining much. They would look (and do look) a lot nicer on a sunny day. I'll try again this weel.

I'll be here.
John