PDA

View Full Version : LESCO fuel surcharge

turf hokie
07-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Any one else really peeved over this? Not only do they add .15 per bag, but they don't have the decency to give us a heads up. And the kicker is they aren't adding this to all of their customer base.... I know, I ran into a L.D. and saw his invoice, when I asked him what he thought of the surcharge -- he had no idea what I was talking about.

TSM
07-23-2004, 01:40 PM
15 cents per bag?!?!?!

yeah, i'd be pretty upset

of course that company has turned me off long ago (totally lesco free for some time now!!!) and, if you cant tell, proud to be lesco free :)

well, my advice...if they want to play hard ball...then so do you. Insist they remove (credit) this surcharge and if they dont...well, if it were me, i'd move on to another vendor and pay off lesco minus the surcharge...let them chase me for it
but thats just me

turf hokie
07-23-2004, 02:25 PM
It;s tough to play hard ball. I apply just over a million square feet. (just started this year) and nobody else is local enough to pickup.
Who do you use? I am considering looking elsewhere this winter when I have more time. Anderson's, Valley Green?

TSM
07-23-2004, 02:48 PM
1 mil sf should be enough to get that hard ball in the game. If they are wise they will see a customer who just started and already treats 1 mil sf. So they should see the potential to increase their sales to you as you grow.

we do like UHS...dilivery is always on time, good product and price.
We also buy from RF Morse, local for us here in Ma but they do serve all the east coast, if not most of the country.

But, if lesco is convienient for you, i'd really make an hour available to get in there and have a heart to heart discussion with the sales manager...if he is on the ball, he should see the advantage of crediting this surcharge because you are a fast growing company...seems to me you are just the kind of guy they should want to encourage to do more business with...not discourage!

But seriously, 1 mil sf in your first season is pretty good. Depending on your market area that must translate into 100-125 customers?

If I were a vendor, I'd really want to work with you to keep you coming in.

good luck

turf hokie
07-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Your right on I have about 95 customers. My sales manager was on vacation this week I will have to bother him next week.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-23-2004, 04:14 PM
tell him he can surcarge u 15 cents on a bag but first he has to drop the price a buck per bag

NAT
07-23-2004, 04:29 PM
LESCO WAS ALWAYS A LITTLE TO FAR FROM ME , HAVE BEEN USING LOCAL COMPANY.THE SERVICE IS ALITTLE SLOW AT TIMES ,BUT I WOULD RATHER SUPPORT A SMALL BUSS. THEN A BIG COMPANY LIKE .LESCO.