PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Home Park Bid

dkarol
07-23-2004, 02:40 PM
We have the opportunity to bid on an approximately 440 lot Manufactured (Mobile) Home park to be cut, string-trimmed and blown every week on the same day (Thursday). Plenty of small (low) trees, shrubs, "close" walk ways - real tight places. Also a "Common" area with pool, office, restroom/shower, play and recreation areas - about a city block in size. Since we've never cut anything close to this (residential only before), I NEED SOME INPUT - PLEASE! I'm thinking 3 guys on mowers (52", 42" and 36" ZTR's), 2 guys trimming and 1 guy blowing can "probably" do the job in one 8 or 9 hour day. Any ideas of how to win the bid and not loose our shirts? (We're in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware) -Thanks-:confused:

Gravely_Man
07-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Try and do some searches on Mobil home mowing here on the site. Many people have pointed out a lot of issues such as the skirting that runs around the bottom of the trailers being very brittle and tons of obstacles in the yards. Sorry that I donít have any personal experience with mobile homes to help but, be careful and best of luck to you.

Gravely_Man

MWE
07-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Thats a huge bid. Advice on getting the bid, meet with the manager or owner (whoever you are dealing with) and find out what their expectations are for the property. Do they want to maintain the property the way it is, or is the property in need of alot of work to get it looking good? Find out who is taking care of it now, is it done by property employees, or is a lawn care company doing it. If a lawn care company, then why are they looking for a new bid on the proerty, is the current company not doing a good job, or is the current company charging too much?

Take the manager or owner out to lunch (who doesn't like to eat for free) find out all you can about this property. Find out what his/her interest are. Maybe you can through some tickets to a game or movie (or something of their interest) when you give them the bid. Just make yourself stand out from other bids (if they are taking others) and do good work. Make sure you back up what you put on the bid, or else they might be looking for another bid to get rid of you.

I hope this helps, and good luck on getting it. Let us know if you get it.

"Don't grow it, if you not gonna mow it"