PDA

View Full Version : customer route

Bamafire1
07-23-2004, 03:40 PM
How tight do you try to keep your route? What's the furthest you will drive for a customer?

BSDeality
07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
i've got 9 accounts in one neighborhood which is a huge time saver. other than that my accounts are about 1.5-7 miles away. However i also travel to the town south of me to do some cutting. (about 45min driving round trip). Follow the money.

fga
07-23-2004, 03:54 PM
as of right now, I can cut about 25 without my truck leaving the driveway. Some are on the next block, but as long as your gased up, you're good to go.
I still drive to them, cuz i have all the hand tools on the truck, but if i'm in a pinch..... starting this year, on tuesday's when we do my 'hood, my guys starts cutting immeadiately in the morning,by the time i come out, he's got almost 7 houses done.

I have one account that is 15 minutes out of the way (each way), i'm debating dropping her for the weekly service and going back to the way we used to be with her, just the cleanups, fertilizing, and leaves. Staten island is only 18 miles long i think, so its too far a drive.

HOOLIE
07-23-2004, 07:30 PM
The only place I go thats more than a few miles away is a neighborhood where I cut 6 tiny houses on the same street. That' 12 miles away, but I run out there around 11 or so when traffice flies on the highway.

Otherwise most of them are within 5 or 6 miles of home. Too much business around here, not necessary to go all over the place.

Lawnmedics
07-23-2004, 08:29 PM
We have 91 in one developement. All the others are spread over the entire county. I wish they were all like the first 91. It takes a little less than a day to do the 91 together and three days to a little over 100 scattered ones.

sundance
07-23-2004, 08:38 PM
We do 225 in one subdivision, takes 15 minutes to get there in the morning. We have three of us, 7 hour days, four days per week and 4 hours on Friday, done.