PDA

View Full Version : SOMEBODY has to be first

bobbygedd
07-23-2004, 04:05 PM
ever heard this one? " bob, hi this is mr. doe, i just wanted to ask you to please not cut my grass early in the morning. you see, we water EVERY FREAKIN DAY, and the lawn is wet in the morning, please come to my house later in the day. thanks." well, ok, let me see if i can re arrange 70 FREAKIN LAWNS to accommodate YOU! yea right. between watering, and dew, and heavy humidity, everybodies lawn is wet till at least 10 am. ever hear this one?

DLS1
07-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I have one customer who ask me call for whatever day I will cut his lawn so he can turn his sprinkler system off for that day during July and August. Just add these type of requests to your route sheet or whatever you use. Mo big deal part of business.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-23-2004, 04:16 PM
yes but i have a better 1
the neighbor of a customer comes out and sayes i cant cut the lawn till after 11am because his son works nights and i am wakeing him up
i told him i work days and i start early LOL

MWE
07-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DUSTYCEDAR
the neighbor of a customer comes out and sayes i cant cut the lawn till after 11am because his son works nights and i am wakeing him up

LOL good one

Littleriver1
07-23-2004, 04:24 PM
I love it when everyone want there's cut on Friday. It helps if they call by at least Thursday. Yea thats going to happen.

Up North
07-23-2004, 04:30 PM
$5 says that same guy will complain next time if you're 15 minutes late.

lqmustang
07-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Never run into that one, but I constantly run into the 'can you cut me friday' bit. I tell them sure, move to the area I cut on Friday, and I'll be happy to accomodate you. :)

MWE
07-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Littleriver1
I love it when everyone want there's cut on Friday. It helps if they call by at least Thursday. Yea thats going to happen.

We bust our butts mon-thursday, and friday is our light day, usually stop around 12 to go home :D

CuttersCove
07-23-2004, 04:45 PM

Should have given him a set of ear plugs and say these work great. :p

rodfather
07-23-2004, 06:05 PM

Hmmm...think my initial reply would be, "excuse me sir, but I think you have me confused with someone who gives a sh*t"...LOL

DUSTYCEDAR
07-23-2004, 06:11 PM
it did finally end up in a fu match and he gave up

HOOLIE
07-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I had a customer who didn't want me to cut first thing in morning because "this neighborhood doesn't really get going until after 9am" I'm like, the whole freekin' neighborhood?

Lux Lawn
07-23-2004, 07:08 PM

I have a customer whos son works 3rd shift and doesn't want it cut until after 3:00 p.m. we usually get there around 2:00.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
07-23-2004, 07:32 PM
I would tell the people who work 3rd shift, 90% of America works 1st shift, so deal with it pal.

General Grounds
07-23-2004, 08:54 PM
:blob3: my take is that your lwan will do fine if it doesnt get water 1 day a week, so that day is the day i cut, i have it in my agrrements water on we dont cut, its not to much to ask. tony

Gr grass n Hi tides
07-23-2004, 09:09 PM
The lawn watering thing. I hear that sometimes when I get to a prop. & the irrigation is on or just went off. I tell them, hey last year I mowed in the rain probably 50% of the time. Doesn't hurt anything. Never been a problem. AND, if they're watering everyday, I tell them that's too much & they need to cut it back or they'll get brown spot. No probs. from folks after that type talk either.

The early thing. I cut my commercials first thing in the a.m. & then go to resi's. That puts me just about right for everyone. In & out of the businesses befefore they open & on to resi's at a decent hr. But..............I'll start cutting a resi at 8:00 anyway.

Norm Al
07-23-2004, 09:13 PM
http://www.napnt.org/images/Medical-Marijuana.jpg

ok you wont be the first?:)

PaulJ
07-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by CuttersCove
Should have given him a set of ear plugs and say these work great. :p

When I used to work a third shift job, I often slept with ear plugs in. Best sleep I ever got.

Expert Lawns
07-26-2004, 06:28 PM
You can't please everyone

Turf Medic
07-26-2004, 09:07 PM
I wonder what the response would be for some of these special requests if your reply was more in the line of not a problem, we do this all the time but there is a 30% surcharge for moving the schedule around. That puts the ball back in their court. Of course you wouldn't want to do this if it totally screwed up your route, but if you could move things around a bit, make it work for you and still make an extre 30% :D

The big difference would be it would make you appear to be more customer service oriented,

Norm Al
07-26-2004, 09:10 PM
come on bobby you dont mow 70 lawns a week,,,,let alone a day!:)