PDA

View Full Version : Clean ups...

Up North
07-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Does anyone sub contract for picking up leaves & debris from spring/fall cleanups? I have talked to a local LCO here about picking up leaves & debris for me. I will blow everything into big piles with easy access so he can just come in with his dumper & leaf loader and suck them up. He's willing to do that and my cost will depend on size of job. Since this my first year I can't afford a dump trailer & leaf loader, but I'm not willing to miss out on the $$ it can generate.

This past spring I bagged everything with a JD, but that took to long and wasn't productive. Wish someone around here rented leaf loaders.

Any experiences with subbing out the pick up? Anything I should be careful about such as "we'll be there tomorrow to pick up" and nobody shows up, or anything?

Thanks guys.

Buck

all degree
07-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Everytime I read about you poor souls that have to remove the leaves I cringe. I couldn't do it. We just blow them to the curb and the city comes and sucks them up.

And people say NJ stinks...

cklands
07-23-2004, 07:18 PM
For the amount of oney you are going to lose by subing out the leaf removal I would try and find a way to get the equipment. I would try and take out a loan from a local bank or through the equipment sales place. You will make your money back. Why give it to someone else.

cantoo
07-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Even if I had to drive a distance I would rent the loader if I couldn't afford to buy one. I have a spare dump truck and two spare leaf loaders. There is no way I am going to fork leaves anymore and I'm not going to miss out on the money.

barringtonbrothers
07-23-2004, 10:16 PM
THERE IS HATE IN THIS WORLD! I FEEL the HATE POUNDING DEEP inside my chest every damn day Im out doing clean ups. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE LEAF CLEAN UPS, and hauling branches and Hacking away at bushes. BUT I DO IT DAMMIT! and charge a arm and a leg .

MY GOD HATH FORSAKEN ME!!!.