PDA

View Full Version : would it be okay to mix these??

BryPaulD
07-23-2004, 05:00 PM
I was putting miracle gro lawn food on my lawn once every 2 weeks. Then once I ran down a coat of liquid iron (ferromac-ac). The jug says to use that once every 2 weeks. Can I mix the miracle grow and the iron together and applicate at the same time??to save time? Thank you :)

jpmako
07-23-2004, 06:20 PM
I would shy away from doing that because you probably won't get the right ratio. Are you using the miracle grow container that
you connect to the hose?

BryPaulD
07-23-2004, 08:52 PM
no, I am using 5 gallon buckets at *hopefully* the right ratio of *stuff* for area of coverage, and the rest water. Sucking her up and spitting her out with an industrial paint sprayer or (pretty much) anything you want to spray sprayer, and *painting* the lawn with it.???:cool:

jpmako
07-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Uh O.K.
I would personally put the two products down separately in fear or not getting the right mixture. Just remember that too much Iron can cause the grass to almost look black.
That sounds like an interesting setup for spraying.

Ric
07-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by BryPaulD
I was putting miracle gro lawn food on my lawn once every 2 weeks. Then once I ran down a coat of liquid iron (ferromac-ac). The jug says to use that once every 2 weeks. Can I mix the miracle grow and the iron together and applicate at the same time??to save time? Thank you :)

BryPaulD

If you read the label and are consistent with you spray application at a known rate per thousand. You can mix these products and apply them together.

Most Turf can not absorb more than 0.10 of a pound of actual Nitrogen per thousand square feet in a 24 hour period. If you are appling more than that you are allowing in to be leached in to the ground where it may not be up taken by the roots. Any time you apply more than 35 gallons per acre you are no longer doing foliar fertilization, you are fertigating.

I suggest you pay close attention to the rate of finished product you are appling and mix accordingly.