PDA

View Full Version : Stander breaking belts again

LawnMowerBoy48
07-23-2004, 05:54 PM
My Wright Stander is breaking belts again. The engine to deck belt will fall off once and I'll put it back on and with in a matter of minutes it will break. I just had one of the hydraulic pumps rebuilt and I am not sure if the clutch was taken off or not. The pulley that keeps tension on the belt is in the correct place. I am not sure what else it could be any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks, Tyler

General Grounds
07-23-2004, 06:00 PM
:blob3: sounds like something is not lined up correctly, look at the old belt and see if there is any wear on it in some areas. make sure there nothing rubbing it also. tony

cklands
07-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Is there enough tension on the belt?

Itsgottobegreen
07-23-2004, 11:41 PM
What gereral said. I never have hear that happening to a stander before. The new brown belts for the standers are much better than the old back B belts they used to run. I haven't had one brown belt break yet. The B belts I have replaced a couple of them over the years.

LawnMowerBoy48
07-25-2004, 11:36 AM
The first belt that broke was one of the new brown belts, the most recent belt that broke was one of the back B belts that Itsgottobegreen mentioned. Proper tension has also been kept on the belts. I am going to go check the alignment on the pulleys and what not now. Thanks for the advice. -Tyler

Itsgottobegreen
07-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Your welcome Lawn boy

LawnMowerBoy48
07-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Okay so I broke my third belt today. While I was mowing one of my lawns I noticed a noise that just didn't sound right. I shut everything down and took of the deck cover low and behold the belt turned itself inside out. No now the smooth part of the belt was facing into the pulleys and the clutch and the vertical ridges were facing out-wards. I took the idler pulley off today and noticed that when I held the bolt and spun it, it wobbled slightly. Could this be causing the belts to turn themselves inside out and eventually leading them to breaking? I'll post some pictures later on tonight of how I found the belt. Thanks again, Tyler.

robertsturf
07-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Check the pulley again, I had to replace mine last week it was doing about the same thing . It would lock the bearing up and loosen up the bolt that held it in place. I went ahead and replaced both Idlers.